November 2012 Moms

Not Feeling Braxton Hicks?

I keep reading about how I'm supposed to be feeling BH contractions around this point.  I don't feel a thing.  Is everyone else feeling them?  Do some people just not feel them at all or get them a bit later on? 

Just curious.. FTM here and I have no clue Smile

Re: Not Feeling Braxton Hicks?

• I personally don't really feel them. I really only notice if I bump my stomach or something and it's hard as a rock. Or sometimes it'll just feel a liiiittle tight, so I thouch it and it's hard. But it's definitely not like I would notice if I was doing something.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel them rarely... but this is my 3rd pregnancy, so I sort of remember what they feel like. I just started my 3rd Tri. so I'm not concerned about their infrequency.

I don't know that I'd ever be concerned about not feeling them, because it's the real contractions that will efface and dialate the uterus/cervix, not BH contractions.

BH, I was told, is just like the uterus "warming up" like a pregame prep.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think I have felt them either. But I do notice that my bump is always super rock hard after having sex. Sometimes if I try to stand up immediately, I can't, I have to lay back and relax a minute... Is that BH, or something else?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't realize that I was having them until my sister explained it. I thought it was just the baby bunching up or something and pushing.  :)
  • I haven't been feeling them either. I had one about a week ago when I went for a brisk walk. I was going up a hill a little too fast and got overheated. It stopped once I stopped for a second. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • For the longest time, I didn't realize BH were what I was feeling.

I thought I was feeling LO "come up to the front", but now I can distinguish the difference...

when it's a BH, you're whole stomach will get all tight and hard and you can poke all you want, it won't budge.

If it's LO, your stomach will only be hard on one side.

I honestly don't know if everyone gets them or not; I know not everyone feels them though. So I wouldn't worry.

Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I have only felt 1. I do believe not everyone feels them. As for after sex, I read your uterus does contract, but that is not really a BH.
  • I haven't felt them at all either. Unless I mistakenly think it's the baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagem i l l y:
    I didn't realize that I was having them until my sister explained it. I thought it was just the baby bunching up or something and pushing.  :)

this. i never thought it was anything either. but i was having them all along (: 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't feel them in my first pg, until just before delivery (like a couple of days before).  It's not uncommon to not feel them with a first pg, or to feel them, but to have no idea that is what you are feeling.

I do feel BH this time.  Usually, it's just a tight feeling, but sometimes they are pretty uncomfortable.  I feel them mostly in the evening or if I am doing a lot of activity.  BTW, I hate the way they feel.

• I felt ONE. And then... nothing. I haven't felt another one since. Unless they save themselves for the night while I'm sleeping and I don't notice because of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"