Infertility Veterans
Options

?'s for RE...Help!

Happy long weekend ladies!  So I am trying to gather questions and write them down for our WTF next Thursday.  I am looking for any info/ advice on implantation issues.  This last cycle was a 5dt and as usual, the RE's say they are "beautiful" embies.  Out of 7 tranferred in the last year...I never even got a c/p, except on a random in-between month after a FET, so they couldn't even blame the "leftover meds" for that one.  I did have a hysteroscopy in July, they removed some scar tissue and the biopsy came out normal.

What am I missing?  What about natural killer cells?  I was reading that implantation issues are a tough one, so I need to be my own advocate so I don't waste my potential last two cycles.  This past cycle was the only one that I used aspirin in.  I was reading about using a combo of Aspirin, Heparin and Prednisone, so I need to ask him about this.

I know some of you are extremely knowledgeable about things that I have yet to even learn about, so I am interested.....Thoughts??  Edwina, you always have lots to share!  I need some direction.

Thanks!!  Big Smile

Anniversary
TTC #1 since 3/10:
DX: Me-PCOS, retroverted/ tilted ute - DH- MFI, DH-4 mo of Clomid therapy= no improvement. Weekly HCG injections.
Me-34, DH-33
HSG- unsuccessful, SHSG (dialated)-no blockages
7/11-Clomid (unmonitored) BFN,
#1 Fresh IVF 9/11: w/ ICSI & AH (only option): (1 transfered, 8BF) = BFN!!
#2 FET: 2 transferred (2 6BF) 12/11 = BFFN!!
Surprise + HPT on break! 2/12 Beta 1: 6 Beta 2: <5 = c/p ( RE had given me provera... So pretty sure this ruined everything)<BR> #3 Fresh IVF 3/12: w/ ICSI & AH (2 transfered 8BF & 7BF, 1 to freeze) = BFMFN!
New RE 5/12
6/14 Hysteroscopy
#4 Fresh IVF 8/12: 5dt of 2 5AB blasts = BFN!... what else is new?!?
New RE insists its a transfer issue, immunology checked & good
#5 IVF FET 1/13 under anesthesia : Two 5 day blasts transferred
+ HPT!! Beta1: 2315 Beta2: 6442 Beta3: 31,061
First u/s 1/30/13: Shows 1 healthy heartbeat!!

Was he was right? I wasted 4 IVF's and the doctors were not getting the catheter in?!?
~~ Bump Bestie/ IRL Lynn0926 ~~
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ?'s for RE...Help!

• Options

Have you had the auto-immune/clotting disorder testing done? If not, I'd ask about that.

I hope it's a productive conversation. Good luck.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    imagemtlaurel:

Have you had the auto-immune/clotting disorder testing done? If not, I'd ask about that.

I hope it's a productive conversation. Good luck.

I am not sure, I will ask if I can have that done.  Thanks!

Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 3/10:
    DX: Me-PCOS, retroverted/ tilted ute - DH- MFI, DH-4 mo of Clomid therapy= no improvement. Weekly HCG injections.
    Me-34, DH-33
    HSG- unsuccessful, SHSG (dialated)-no blockages
    7/11-Clomid (unmonitored) BFN,
    #1 Fresh IVF 9/11: w/ ICSI & AH (only option): (1 transfered, 8BF) = BFN!!
    #2 FET: 2 transferred (2 6BF) 12/11 = BFFN!!
    Surprise + HPT on break! 2/12 Beta 1: 6 Beta 2: <5 = c/p ( RE had given me provera... So pretty sure this ruined everything)<BR> #3 Fresh IVF 3/12: w/ ICSI & AH (2 transfered 8BF & 7BF, 1 to freeze) = BFMFN!
    New RE 5/12
    6/14 Hysteroscopy
    #4 Fresh IVF 8/12: 5dt of 2 5AB blasts = BFN!... what else is new?!?
    New RE insists its a transfer issue, immunology checked & good
    #5 IVF FET 1/13 under anesthesia : Two 5 day blasts transferred
    + HPT!! Beta1: 2315 Beta2: 6442 Beta3: 31,061
    First u/s 1/30/13: Shows 1 healthy heartbeat!!

Was he was right? I wasted 4 IVF's and the doctors were not getting the catheter in?!?
    ~~ Bump Bestie/ IRL Lynn0926 ~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ask C.ardone if he will do intralipids. I feel like SIRM is the only one that does them, but C.ardone seemed open to do whatever when I had a consult. If he wont, you can always do a free phone consult with SIRM in NY. I don't know how much it will be to move your embies there and you would probably be OOP for the transfer, but it is only a few grand compared to a fresh cycle. My sister has a friend who did DE. On her 5th transfer, she moved to SIRM in IL and they did intalipids and it worked that time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"