August 2012 Moms

how the heck are you supposed to swaddle and fasten the swing safety belt?

on page 168 of the happiest baby on the block, karp says to swaddle when in the swing, but to use the safety belt.  how the heck are you supposed to do that?

am i missing something?

he also talks about letting them sleep in the swing overnight.  not sure that's safe.  have you done it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how the heck are you supposed to swaddle and fasten the swing safety belt?

• I can't speak to swaddling in the swing bc we use the swaddle me sleep sacks and there is a little hole in the back that a latch for a buckle can go through.

As far as sleeping in a swing, I'm not honestly sure of the safety factor, but it's the only way DS will sleep for longer than 20 minutes at a stretch, so that's where he sleeps. It's right next to my side of the bed, so I like to justify it that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put the strap that goes between the legs over to one side and buckle the rest as usual. If I am sitting there watching tv or something, I don't always bucks it.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I must be a horrible mom. DD sleeps in the swing for hours at a time, swaddled and not buckled. We have it reclined back all the way....don't really see her going anywhere....
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • call me a bad mom, but as i never leave her unattended in the swing and she's not moving around at all while swaddled, i don't buckle her in.  she sleeps in there or in her bouncer chair during the day.

at night, she spends at least part of it in the swing as its the only way she'll sleep longer than 30 minutes yet.  but i'm always within arms reach sleeping on the couch.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • imageDemoDoll:
    I must be a horrible mom. DD sleeps in the swing for hours at a time, swaddled and not buckled. We have it reclined back all the way....don't really see her going anywhere....
    if you're a horrible mom, then I am too. Initially I buckled him in but my DH kept asking "where's he gonna go?"- then when he slept soooo much better swaddled, we stopped buckling him.
  • imageBuona Fortuna:
    imageDemoDoll:
    I must be a horrible mom. DD sleeps in the swing for hours at a time, swaddled and not buckled. We have it reclined back all the way....don't really see her going anywhere....
    if you're a horrible mom, then I am too. Initially I buckled him in but my DH kept asking "where's he gonna go?"- then when he slept soooo much better swaddled, we stopped buckling him.

I guess I should have added that DS is only buckled in when he is within striking distance of his older sister I never leave them alone together unattended but toddlers can be fast/sneaky. At night, he sleeps swaddled and unbuckled.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDemoDoll:

We do this too. She's tucked in there pretty tightly. However, once I put her in the swing and ran out with the monitor to check the mailbox - when I came back she had somehow slumped forward and her head was resting on the umm...cupholder, whatever it's called (I'm REALLY tired!) I can only imagine that she must have clunked her head on it pretty good.

There were no bruises or cuts or anything, and she was still sleeping, but man I felt soooo bad. I don't leave her in it alone for even a second, now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • good to know. after an atrocious night last night i will proudly join the ranks of unfit mothers tonight :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"