December 2012 Moms

I knew it'd happen sooner or later!

Menaing people saying stupid stuff to me. The following is all this week & all at work. 

"Oh, are you having twins?"

"You look miserable" (I'm actually having a pretty easy/amazing pregnancy! REALLY?!)

"How are you going to get up & down the stairs when you blow up?" Umm..Walk... But Thanks

I was saying something about my knee hurting going up & down the 2 flights of stairs at work-I've had knee problems since HS..

"Just wait, you'll gain way more weight,then it'll get worse"  Hey Thanks for that

Anyone else seem to be having one of those weeks?? Doesn't bother me really, I just want to ask them "Are you Freakin' kidding me?" LOL

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I knew it'd happen sooner or later!

• LOL. Tonight, my SIL was showing my grandmother how FaceTime works. The first words out of her mouth were, "Have you gotten fat, yet?" Then when she saw the bump, proceeded to confirm that I have, indeed, gotten really fat. 

Lovely. lol 

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • The "Are you SURE you're not having twins?" question has come out of every person I have talked to this week.

Well, I won't be SURE until I give birth, but 4 ultrasounds have only managed to find one so far, so...

>_<

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I get the twin thing as well. I also have people who say I am going to be miserable by the end because how big I am now. And really, I have seen other people's bumps on here and I am about the same size. And yes, I probably will be miserable by the end because the baby will be taking up a lot of room down there pushing pushing everything else out of the way. Geez...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • A co worker trying to be helpful told me he saw a size 14 uniform (I currently wear a 6-8) that I could pick up if I wanted.  Becuase, you know, later in pregnancy I am going to gain a bunch of weight and will need a bigger uniform.  No thanks!  The military actually has maternity uniforms that I am wearing lol, no need to buy a uniform 4 sizes up I will never wear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MIL is the queen of saying stuff like that to me.

"oh your uncomfortable now? Just wait. Your going to get SO much bigger!

"I think she (LO) is going to be a big girl!!" Me: "no the doctor said she's right on schedule." "No I think she's going to be big! I mean look at the size of your belly already!"

"You bought some newborn onesies? There is no way she will fit in those." 

Me: I would prefer if the showers were at the end of Oct instead of in Nov because I came a month early when I was born, I want time to sort through what else I need to go buy, and I don't want to be HUGE!" MIL-"What do you mean? Sure you want to be huge!" 

She is also constantly telling me how my daughter is going to be bald until she is 3. I really hate when people think they know everything about my unborn child. 

I feel your pain. 

• Wow you ladies see a lot of crappy people throught out the day, sorry to hear that. I havent had anything that stands out but my job has been on vacation for 2 weeks so I'm wondering if I'll hear stuff when we get back to work. I have heard that the director has said some stupid things to other pregnant women so I'm sure I'll have stuff soon. Good Luck dealing with people that you know and strangers too. I'm not  looking forward to the strangers at the stores and stuff.
  • I saw my husband's grandfather the other day and I haven't seen him in a month or so, and the first words out of his mouth were "you're getting fat, you might wanna watch that." and then he laughed. Obv they have a mean sense of humor. I looked over at my husband really quick and he whispered, he's just playing!

ugh.

• Ahh aren't people lovely? LOL I hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend & I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one out there that wants to freak out on people :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't really had any stupid comments but I have had several people in the last week ask me if I am okay. I'm starting to wonder what expression I have had on my face lately that makes people think I'm not okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• People have no filter when it comes to pregnant women.   I haven't gotten the fat comments just yet but I have had the awful labor/delivery, gender stories.   :) 
    pregnancy due date BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"