January 2013 Moms
Options

Nursery Pics (so far)

My husband and I have been hard at work in the nursery and I just wanted to share some pictures. I am sure no one is as excited as I am, but this room has definitely become one of my favorite rooms in the house.

Here are some dressers before

image This one we got off craigslist for $100, minus the detached mirror.

image This was my mother's childhood dresser

Here are some of the "finished" pictures, including the refinished dressers, accent wall, etc. We are still waiting on custom curtains

image (Fabric for drapes)

Hope you enjoyed! Can't wait to see pictures of other January Mom's nurseries!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery Pics (so far)

• Options
    Beautiful! I love it!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Love it!! It's adorable and I love what you did with those dressers.  I wish I was that crafty!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everything looks wonderful! You did an amazing job changing the look of the dressers. Love the white paint!
  • Options
    Very nice!  LOVE the wallpaper!
  • Options
    Wow it looks geat! I love that chevron ottoman.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Looks awesome! I really like the wall stencil pattern you did...I wish I had the patience / time to do something like that!
  • Options
    Looks awesome! My favorite part is the wall stencil, too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Options
    Everything looks great!! Love it!!
  • Options

imageA&B05:
    Wow it looks geat! I love that chevron ottoman.

Me too!!! So cute!!

imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It looks fantastic!  Good job on the dressers!!  They look amazing!  Do you hand paint them?  We need to repaint our dressers, did you sand down everything before you painted?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Looks great!!  I love painting furniture!  
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    It looks great! can't wait to see the finished room (and everyone else's!).
  • Options
    It looks great - I hope our nursery will turn out somewhat cute compared to yours!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemegamegan60:
    It looks fantastic!nbsp; Good job on the dressers!!nbsp; They look amazing!nbsp; Do you hand paint them?nbsp; We need to repaint our dressers, did you sand down everything before you painted?

Thanks! We have a small hand sanders that we used to get all the urathane off and used sanding paper for the detailed parts. We used eggshell toasted white by glidden and hand painted the dressers and then ended up putting a high gloss coat of urathane on top : good luck!
  • Options

imagelaheath28:
    imagemegamegan60:
    It looks fantastic!nbsp; Good job on the dressers!!nbsp; They look amazing!nbsp; Do you hand paint them?nbsp; We need to repaint our dressers, did you sand down everything before you painted?
    Thanks! We have a small hand sanders that we used to get all the urathane off and used sanding paper for the detailed parts. We used eggshell toasted white by glidden and hand painted the dressers and then ended up putting a high gloss coat of urathane on top : good luck!

Well they look fantastic!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Great job on the nursery! Love the walls, chevron printed ottoman & white painted furniture.Smile

So glad to hear that you sanded. I am a decorative painter by trade, so I fear people not doing the proper prep work. It is a necessary evil. Otherwise it will chip. Glad to hear you put a clear coat on an eggshell paint. It is always best to use satin or semigloss. Eggshell has a tendancy to hold the dirt. My preference is Benj. Moore Advance for trim and furniture, however it is an alkyd modified, so I won't be using it personally while pregnant. Latex satins do the job too. Be carefull of using cheap paint. It takes more to cover and doesn't hold up as well. I think the varnish was a great idea.

It can be done also by lightly sanding off the shine and using a good primer such as BIN shellac-also smelly or STIX primer. It is waterbased. Really you just need to look for "sticks to glossy surfaces" on the labels. It is a lot less work than total sanding. Prep work with painted furniture is key. So glad to hear someone did it properly!! Nice job!

• Options
    Looks great! We have that same crib for DS but in espresso color. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"