January 2013 Moms
Options

pressure under my ribcage...normal?

I'm a ftm, so wondering if anyone knows about a tight/pressure feeling under my ribcage on the left side. I'm 22 weeks...is baby big enough to have wedged a foot under there? It makes me feel the need to arch my back and stick my belly forward for relief. I can still feel her moving around by my belly button, but this weird feeling hasn't gone away for a couple hours now.
photo ace8d139-7c4d-4c1f-a47b-ae0428f393a6_zps45c1b657.jpg

Re: pressure under my ribcage...normal?

• Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:

well always call your Dr. if you are concerned

but last time around 20ish weeks I had a similar pressure, that ended up with what felt like back spasms.  It was just the result of my rib cage expanding, and was fine. Just really uncomfortable for a week or so

My doctor warned me at my last appointment that I would probably start feeling some pressure/pain in my back and rib cage area due to my ribs moving around for baby. I have a small torso so he said to expect some expansion. 

If you are in a lot of pain or concern, always call your doctor to ask though. 

This might not be the right kind of pain but any way it could be heartburn? 

• Options
    I don't think your ute is up far enough for feet in the ribs yet, but just wait. DD always had her feet in one rib and her butt in the other. I would have to stop in the middle of haircuts to try and push her feet out lol. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think all sort of pains are normal, given that all of your organs are being slowly smooshed up into a 4-inch space. However, per my doctor this week: You should call your doctor if you have pain/pressure on the upper right side of your abdomen/rib cage.  It can indicate liver complications from pre-eclempsia.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dr. told me at my appt. yesterday that the top of your uterus is about 2cm above the belly button right now, if that gives you a better visual. I do however notice some of the pressure you describe when I slouch...I don't know what it is, but it almost always goes away if I fix my posture. So I think personally I am probably just lazy about sitting up straight and the pressure is a reminder for me to snap out of it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"