High-Risk Pregnancy

Question for those with GD

I went to my 32 week appt and the OB  mentioned my result of 134 on my 1 hr test at 28 weeks was just below cutoff.  She mentioned not to over load on carbs.  I am feeling very confused and almost wondering if I should request a repeat test.  I am second guessing everything I eat.  She did mention I do not have to follow a GD diet.This was not even  brought up by the other OBs at 28 and 30 weeks.  What was your number at your 1 hr?

TIA! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Question for those with GD

• I think 135 is passing....so tech u passed.  But u are borderline, so likley she wants to play it safe.  If u are worried about GD, you could take the 2 hr...then u would really know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know what my number was but I know I failed my 1-hour by 2 points and my 3-hour by 1 point.  Iwas still put on the GD diet and check my sugars 4X a day.  My doctor said not to go crazy with worry about it but that I'm better safe than sorry.  I agreed.
  • Loading the player...
  • My 1 hour was 136. I failed 2 of my 3-hour draws--1 by 1 point and 1 by 6 points. And I'm now on insulin 4 times a day... It's up to you whether you want to ask for the 3 hour test. I'm glad my doc was conservative and had me do the 3 hour even though most docs use 140 for the cut-off for the 1 hour. My baby is measuring perfectly in the 51st percentile for overall size and 53rd for abdominal. But maybe that wouldn't have been the case if I hadn't gotten my BS under control for the last 10 weeks of pregnancy. Who knows. But the insulin, finger pricks, and extra doctor appointments are all a pain in the arse. So you have to do what will make you most comfortable.
    DS born 5/25/09 BFP #2 10/25/11, m/c 11/5/11 BFP #3 1/20/11 EDD 10/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I too failed 2/4 draws, by 1 point and 3 points. I am now having to take insulin at night to keep my fasting #'s low.  If it would make you more comfortable, ask to do the 2 hour test, so you know for sure.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • My 1 hr number was 153 (cut off was 134 at my office). At my 3 hr test, my fasting was great. However, I failed the first by a couple points, second by about 10, and the third by a few. They have me checking 4x's a day, but my numbers rarely go above 100 (they want them below 120). I had my first visit with my doctor today since I started checking (32 weeks). She said the numbers looked great and to just keep doing whatever I'm doing now. I eat pretty much the same things now (I didn't have a horrible diet before), I just really watch my portion sizes and I eat snacks now. I think the snacks are what is helping the most. My meal plan has me eating 3 snacks a day that each have 30g of carbs. I feel like I eat more now than I did before!

Good luck! :) 

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • My one hour test score was 143 (passing would have been 140 in my doctor's opinion). I had to take the three hour test, and while I failed 2 out of the four blood draws, I was still pretty high for passing the other two....so I think even if I had passed all of my draws, my doctor probably would have still kept an eye on it.

I would just do what your doctor says; don't overload carbs [or sugar]. You're not supposed to do that anyway though. Also, as for retaking the one hour test, I'm pretty sure that insurance will not cover it, and that it would be a waste, since from what I've heard the one hour test is not the most accurate (the three hour one is more).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"