April 2012 Moms
Options

Curious, random question about babies falling asleep

I see people posting photos (on here, Facebook, etc) of their babies that have fallen asleep while playing in the jumperoo/exersaucer/bumbo. If your baby has done this, do they just play and play and fall asleep without making a peep? If my LO starts to fuss, I pick him up and try something else. I'm thinking maybe I am too quick to move him because he never has the chance to fall asleep anywhere. Not that I want him to be falling asleep all over his toys, it just got me wondering if I should chill and leave the kid be.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Curious, random question about babies falling asleep

• Options
    The only time Willow has fallen asleep anywhere other then her pnp, my arms, the carseat or swing is on the floor and I know she is falling asleep but not fussing.
  • Options
    I have never understood how that happens. Neither of my girls have ever, ever fallen asleep in a random place like on the playmat or in the high chair. If they are sleepy they let me know and so I end up picking them up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo once fell asleep sitting in his carseat unbuckled and in a awkward position while playing with a toy. He was so tired and zoned in on the toy he drifted away without a peep
  • Options
    #1 never did but there have been instances when I have either been doing something with #1 while #2 watches or times when I couldn't grab #2 at first squawk because #1 was out squaking her that she has sucked her thumb and fell asleep in the bouncer. I was shocked the first time it happened. It doesn't happen often and both girls HATE the car so it rarely happens there if at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Peyton has fallen asleep in the bumbo twice. Both times I was not home, so I can only go off of what DH has said.

The first time(the one that won sleeping babies) happened while DH was doing dishes. He set her in there, she was within site playing with the o-ball. She didn't fuss or anything the entire time she was in there playing or after. He just finished the dishes, went to grab her and found a sleeping baby. So like any parent, he ran and got the camera. Haha.

The second time it happened DH had her in front of the coffee table facing away from him, watching tv *gasp!*. Not sure what he was doing? Also watching tv, playing on the computer, no clue? But when he noticed she had been quiet a while he looked and found her sleeping.  

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always wonder the exact same thing! I could never see D just falling asleep anywhere...
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Options

imageHarper'smom:
    #1 never did but there have been instances when I have either been doing something with #1 while #2 watches or times when I couldn't grab #2 at first squawk because #1 was out squaking her that she has sucked her thumb and fell asleep in the bouncer. I was shocked the first time it happened. It doesn't happen often and both girls HATE the car so it rarely happens there if at all.

Same.  DS never just fell asleep anywhere other than his crib/in my arms when he was past the newborn stage.  DD has fallen asleep on her playmat while I was putting DS down for his nap.  But that hasn't happened in a while. 

• Options

I'll be honest, my first go round I had such a high maintenance kid, like an hour to get her to sleep at night, I used to see those pictures and think it was sad the kid was so tired and their parents didn't put them to bed. But then came Samuel and that's what he does. I'll put him on his play mat to make Riley breakfast or pack snacks for group and he'll be totally quiet, then I go back in the living room and he's on his belly passed out. Or I'll put him in his bouncer while I put her down for nap and same thing, come back and he's out. I like to think the universe decided it owed me.

But Riley would never ever ever ever ever have done that. Ever. Even if I left her for 5 hours, I bet she still would have been awake screaming lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    J fell asleep in the RNP once watching me cook dinner. She just drifted off. But usually, if she's tired and I'm not attending to her, she makes this awful noise that we call "singing." Gah! It grates on my nerves so bad. She does it everyday on the car ride home.
  • Options

My LO fell asleep in his bouncer when he was younger, so I can see that happening. If I was just chilling in a reclined chair that vibrates, I'd fall asleep. I'm more so talking about something like the jumperoo/exersaucer/bumbo because they totally aren't comfy and I couldn't imagine falling asleep in there. N would nevereverever unless I just left him in there screaming for ever, I'm sure he'd eventually wear himself out.

I was looking at reviews for a jumperoo on Amazon and someone had uploaded a photo of their kid passed out in it saying he loved it so much that he played so hard and passed out. I just can't picture my kid passing out while playing, ha.

• Options
    Mike just started doing this. He will bounce, slow down, and just close his eyes. Every once in a while he starts bouncing again, just to repeat the process.
  • Options
    I can count the number of times on my hand that dd has fallen asleep in random places on my watch. I think they get past the "I'm tired so I'm going to fuss" stage and are in the exhausted stage where they will just pass out anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"