February 2012 Moms

Wanting another baby? Age spacing?

I have a bad case of baby fever! I really want to try for a girl but I am not sure if it's a good idea right now...I know I am definitely waiting until I finish school this december and hopefully get a job but maybe even then I will wait until my LO is about 3 or 4....

EDIT: I will be just as happy if I have a boy, I am indiscriminate. But seeing as this will be my last child I would really like both genders.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wanting another baby? Age spacing?

• wow my signature needs some editing lol
  • Personally I am not a big fan of the "try for a girl" mindset. If you want another baby, have another baby, don't have one because you just want a girl.

That being said, I've got baby fever too. I will be waiting though, mostly for financial reasons. If money was no object I'd probably already be trying :-P 

I don't recognize your username, are you new? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like most things in my life - the Foreign Service is "in charge". IF we have another, and that is a biiiiiiig IF, we will start trying at the end of this tour. Pregnancy here for us means months of separation for our family. The State Dept would medically evacuate me around seven months back to the US and DH would have to stay here until I was super close to my due date. Then we would have another separation when he had to come back but I wasn't ready. No thanks. We will wait. Plus seeing where our next posting is will play into the decision too.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• I'm also not a fan of the 'try for a girl' mindset. How would you feel if the next baby was a boy?

I also understand wanting the opposite gender though. I would love to have boys next but that's not the reason we want more kids. 

Our current plan is to start trying again around February.

• We will either start trying next February, or the October after that.  We want a large family, and I am 34, so we don't want to take too long but we wouldn't want them too much closer than 2 years apart.  

I didn't think I'd be so ready after being pregnant to want to try again, but I am so excited!  I still wouldn't do it closer than starting when Lucia is a year, but I am excited for that time to come! 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Also not a fan of trying for a girl! If you want another baby, try for another baby, but please don't TTC because you want a girl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have a bit of baby fever which surprises me because not that long ago I couldn't imagine being pregnant again! We will start trying when Nat is 18mos-2yrs. We are financially doing well, but I would really like to have a house...

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm already TTCing for #2, but I don't really care if I get a boy or girl. It'd be nice to have a girl, but I'd be just as happy if I got another boy. I don't think the sex of the child should determine the timeline for another child.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • We are waiting unitl DD is 2 1/2 to open the discussion of LO#2.  Depending on how long it TTC takes, she would be 3 1/2 to 4 when LO#2 is born.  That being said, I don't know if I want another baby.  :/  I always said I wanted to 2, and we will most likely have 2, but right now I'm just not feeling another one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My ideal would have been 2.5 years apart but I had two m/c between my girls, one of which I had to wait a whole year before trying to conceive again.  I want a third and since I'm 33.5, there is not much time to wait (plus, I'm nervous about having m/c again and pushing my age back more).  Now, I just have to convince DH that he wants another too!
  • imageHattieLove:

Personally I am not a big fan of the "try for a girl" mindset. If you want another baby, have another baby, don't have one because you just want a girl.

That being said, I've got baby fever too. I will be waiting though, mostly for financial reasons. If money was no object I'd probably already be trying :-P 

Hattie, I gotta tease you.... Of course she is new... it says "newbie" with 27 posts! WAKE UP :P LOL

• My older two are 3 years and 2 months apart. And  2 years apart in school ( should be 4 but he repeated 3rd and she skipped a grade). Sounds pretty far apart but they have always played together really well.

They were both in diapers for only 2 months. 

• *IF* we have another one, we won't be trying until Aria is ~4.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • We were originally going to start trying again when DS was 9 months but we moved and I still can't find a job, so we really can't ttc until I find a job :( Now that DS is going to be 7 months already next week, I couldn't really imagine trying again in 2 months. It seems so soon. However, yesterday when I was driving somewhere and talking to LO in the backseat, I imagined my still poofy tummy was pregnant and it made me happy. I can imagine it now, so I think I will be ready whenever that job finally comes around and we are situated to try. I hope it is soon because I am going to be 33 in 2 months and don't want to deal with all the extra prodding and poking of "advanced maternal age" at 35, plus I really wanted LOs to be 18-24 months apart.
  • I'm going to start TTC again next fall -- though if my husband had it his way I'd be pregnant already!

Re: wanting a baby girl... I thought that was what I wanted until I had my son. If you do have a boy, how exciting it would be for your son to have a little brother! I'd be thrilled with either when I have #2, for different reasons :)

• I agree, which is another thing, I know I want a girl and I want to get to the point where I will be accepting of either gender. No I am not new per say lol I have been on since I was pregnant but I never post anything especially since giving birth.
  • I agree as well and I feel guilty for only wanting a girl next but I know that I will be just as happy with a boy or a girl, I should edit my post before I get mauled lol
  • That's my exact mindset.
  • that's very true! My nephew and my son are like brothers now we call them the brousins it would be fun for another boy to join them :)
  • im not
  • imageBackpacc:
    im not

How'd you get your user name changed so quickly?

Oh, and you need to learn the "quote" feature sweetie, I'm completely lost in your responses.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • imagenaturegal79:
    imageHattieLove:

Personally I am not a big fan of the "try for a girl" mindset. If you want another baby, have another baby, don't have one because you just want a girl.

Hattie, I gotta tease you.... Of course she is new... it says "newbie" with 27 posts! WAKE UP :P LOL

oops, my bad, it's so much less noticeable on the mobile site 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • We're pretty sure we're done with 2. IF (big if) we were to have another one we wouldn't try until Lauren is at least 2, maybe 3.

Our kids at 26 months apart and it's been wonderful. We are very happy with that age difference! We got pregnant when our son was 18 months old. We had been trying for almost a year but are actually very happy that the spacing worked out the way it did.

• We are planning on 1 more, we will start TTC when DD is 1.  I would love to start now, I already miss my little newborn, I think it will be interesting to see how much different it is the 2nd time (having an idea of what we're doing).
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"