Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Is dream feeding good or bad?

Read about it a lot lately and just curious on anyone's thoughts that have done this before. Is it worth it? Should I pull him out of his RNP to feed or just bottle feed him while still in there?
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Is dream feeding good or bad?

• Options

I tried it a few times with DD when I was both BF and FF and it back fired on me or she still woke up not too long later.

IMO, give it a shot and try both in bed or in your arms and see what works for you.  When DS is older I will probably give it another shot and see if it works or not.  Worse comes to worse, I wake him up and have to put him back to sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Never worked for me. Whether I feed him a lot or a little before bed, he's up in 5 hours like clockwork. Just like I didn't do anything to get him to go from 3-hour sleeps to 5-hours, he'll eventually sleep longer as he gets older (and heavier as heavier babies tend to sleep longer).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it. We do it for the baby from 2 or 3 months old until about 10-12 months old. It doesn't "help" (STTN) until about 3-4 months, I would say, but we do think it's a good thing.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I don't think it's good or bad. If you're interested in trying it, then go ahead. It might work for you and it might not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It works great for us. DS never wakes up. I think it just depends on the kid. It's definitely something worth trying.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This has not worked at all with either of my kids. They wake up, get really angry, and it takes an hour to get them back to sleep. Then they go ahead and wake up whenever they would have anyways. It really depends on the kid. Both of my kids really resist being "scheduled" and wake up easily. Neither of them would eat without becoming fully awake no matter what we have done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It doesn't really make a difference for us! I've tried it and my LO just ended up waking up at her normal time and having gas. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We swear by it. LO goes to bed at 7, we sneak in a dream feeding at 10 and she sleeps until 6am. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"