October 2011 Moms

Sleep Hope!

I know there's quite a few October babies who seem to think that sleep isn't nearly as fabulous as we try to convince them it is. DS has never been a great sleeper. Getting him down has always been relatively easy, but having him stay asleep for more than 1-2 hour increments was a nightmare.

I faithfully read all the sleep posts on here and tried everything that was suggested and that worked for other moms- CIO, night weaning, going in and laying him back down time and time again after he stood up in his crib, but nothing worked. If he slept a full 3 hour stretch, it was a miracle.

Then, about a week ago something just clicked. He STTN for the first time ever. I didn't do anything differently, he just slept right through. I figured it was a fluke, but here we are a full 7 days later, and he has STTN every night! I guess he was just ready.

Sorry this has gotten so long, but I really wanted to share with everyone because I know that I felt like I was doing something wrong after trying everything I read about and nothing would work. Apparently sometimes, broken babies fix themselves.

Re: Sleep Hope!

• That is fantastic!
  • Glad to hear that! We've had some positive changes lately. Has your LO started walking? Some say that once they start walking some babies sleep through the night.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRoxRing:
    Glad to hear that! We've had some positive changes lately. Has your LO started walking? Some say that once they start walking some babies sleep through the night.

He hasn't showed any signs of being close to walking. Crawls everywhere and pulls up onto anything within his reach, but he's still a little unsteady when he walks with us holding onto him.

• I am so glad to read this and I am praying it happens to us soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"