September 2012 Moms
Options

Little Miriam is here!!!

I am typing this on my phone from the hospital so bear with me. Yesterday I got called in for my induction at 1:30. We started my penicillin at around 2:00. I was already dialated to 3cm once arriving at the hospital so the OB waited to start my pitocin because I was gbs. At around 5pm they started my pitocin and I honestly felt nothing. I was having contractions but couldn't feel them at all. At around 7 my OB came in and broke my water. Right after that I started feeling the contractions. Within about an hour I was dialated to an 8 and in serious pain. The OB said I probably wouldn't give birth till after midnight. I was really struggling through the contractions and was getting the urge to push with every single one. I was crying and asking about my epidural but they were refusing to give me it because they assumed I was going to be in labor for a while and probably thought I was exaggerating. I finally demanded my epidural at about 8:45 and was starting to get numb when the OB came in and, to her surprise, I was fully dialated. I began pushing and had my LO at 9:52pm. Everyone was shocked at how fast my labor went because I am a FTM and was induced. Overall, it was a great success! Little Miriam is perfectly healthy and weighed 7lbs and 6 ounces at almost 20in. She's breastfeeding well and calm an content most of the time. She has cried twice. We were so blessed to have such a good labor and so thankful our little girl is healthy. Good luck to all you other mommies!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Little Miriam is here!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"