October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone tried natural mastitis treatments?

I'm going to try some of these and give it 24 hours before I call in for antibiotics. Just wondering if anyone had had any luck with them.

Also, can I have a hug? This is pretty much it for me and nursing. I am sitting here blubbering away with cabbage leaves on my tits and a fever. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Anyone tried natural mastitis treatments?

• Options
    Awwwwww you and your boobs had a great run. Hugs.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

aw, I'm sorry pear. Did you just decide it was time? No tears, dear. You've done awesome. 

When I had mastits there was no effing around. I needed antibiotics and I needed them like, 30 minutes ago. I could barely stand. It took a really shitty turn really quickly, so I knew something was up.

I would hand express just enough to keep yourself comfortable, and wean slowly if you have any choice. If you can't, you might end up with mastitis or a clogged duct again. One thing that can help clogged ducts is lecithin.  

good luck, dear, and dont' be so hard on yourself! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, Pear, I feel a little weepy for you! You should be so proud of yourself. (go look at that tandem nursing picture you took and tell yourself you're awesome while having a large drink)
  • Options
    imagealiciaroset:

aw, I'm sorry pear. Did you just decide it was time? No tears, dear. You've done awesome. 

When I had mastits there was no effing around. I needed antibiotics and I needed them like, 30 minutes ago. I could barely stand. It took a really shitty turn really quickly, so I knew something was up.

I would hand express just enough to keep yourself comfortable, and wean slowly if you have any choice. If you can't, you might end up with mastitis or a clogged duct again. One thing that can help clogged ducts is lecithin.  

good luck, dear, and dont' be so hard on yourself! 

This is just the final straw in a long, drawn out battle to keep nursing. The reality of it is that DS couldn't care less. He is much happier on formula. I was really just trying to keep it going for me, but if it is going to make me sick and cause so much stress it is not worth it. 

I kept thinking that if I didn't nurse DS until he was 2, like I did with DD that I would be short changing him and I would always regret it. But I realized this morning that DD nursed with no milk for most of the second year anyway because I was pregnant. It was all about comfort. He doesn't get much comfort from it, so what's the point? I don't want to keep nursing him while on antibiotics (for the fourth time) if I don't have to. So we're done. 

But it still feels like I'm losing a beloved friend. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Big hugs Pear! I know it sucks weaning before you planned on it. Cash started weaning way before I was ready and now I am pumping only. I honestly would quit pumping if I could get him to take formula. I hope you feel better physically and emotionally soon!! You did a great job.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Also remember that E didn't have any breastfeeding goals! You did and it's okay. He's making the decision, so he's perfectly happy.

That helped me when G quit me. 

• Options
    imagejoolz17:

Also remember that E didn't have any breastfeeding goals! You did and it's okay. He's making the decision, so he's perfectly happy.

Thank you. I keep telling myself that believing in self weaning doesn't mean they nurse until they are 2, it means letting them say when they are ready. 

• Options
    That's exactly right. What is truly important is that you all are as content as possible, and it sounds like you are.
  • Options

Awe, Pear. I'm so sorry that you're feeling like $hit - both physically and emotionally. You did a great job, and we all think you're a champ! Lots of creepy internet hugs to you :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagejoolz17:
    Also remember that E didn't have any breastfeeding goals! You did and it's okay. He's making the decision, so he's perfectly happy. That helped me when G quit me.nbsp;

Wow, this just made me feel so much better. Thank you for that, I didn't think of it that way.

Pear you did an awesome job, you should be proud.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    imagepearblossom:
    imagejoolz17:

Thank you. I keep telling myself that believing in self weaning doesn't mean they nurse until they are 2, it means letting them say when they are ready. 

You are doing the best thing for your kiddos and yourself. Plus, you get your boobies all to yourself again! Chin up, mama.  

• Options

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagejoolz17:
    Also remember that E didn't have any breastfeeding goals! You did and it's okay. He's making the decision, so he's perfectly happy. That helped me when G quit me.nbsp;
    Wow, this just made me feel so much better. Thank you for that, I didn't think of it that way. Pear you did an awesome job, you should be proud.

I'm so happy that helps! It helped me a lot to think of it from his point of view. 

• Options
    imagejoolz17:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagejoolz17:
    Wow, this just made me feel so much better. Thank you for that, I didn't think of it that way. Pear you did an awesome job, you should be proud.

I'm so happy that helps! It helped me a lot to think of it from his point of view. 

Thanks Joolz, it does help to think of it that way. It just can be so hard when you aren't ready and they are. Everything I read kept saying that babies don't wean before a year and it made feel like crap that I couldn't get him to nurse anymore. It just seems that a lot of bfing literature out there seems more judgmental than helpful.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagejoolz17:
    Aw, Pear, I feel a little weepy for you! You should be so proud of yourself. go look at that tandem nursing picture you took and tell yourself you're awesome while having a large drink

Oh yeah, that was you! Well now I'm sad. Don't have any remedies except self expression and massage. It hurts at first but you really need to dig in there and work out the clogged ducts. You and your girls had a good run; I salute you!

• Options
    Thank you so much, guys. It means so much to get support from your mom friends rather than your H who means well but has no idea what he is talking about.
  • Options

Left HugDrinksRight Hug

Here's to feeling all the feelings!

Except the physically painful ones.  Those can DIAF.  I hope you feel better. <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"