3rd Trimester
Options

Your baby's initials...

Do they spell anything?  Or is there an acronym they could be associated with?  Do you care? Smile

I ask because the name I'm thinking of would give my daughter the initials SAD.  Is that weird?  I mean I guess it might be a little weird for her in later life if she wanted monogrammed bath towels.  People may wonder why she wants her towels to say sad.  haha! 

Re: Your baby's initials...

• Options
    My babies initials will be AWE and I would not care if they were SAD...how often do ppl really monogram thins
  • Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, unless it spells *** or something haha. Especially with a daughter, b/c she will most likely get married and change her last name.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageangelynn8411:
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, unless it spells *** or something haha. Especially with a daughter, b/c she will most likely get married and change her last name.

ok, well the nest/bump didn't like it but it was the F word minus the C.

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My daughters initials will spell CAM and I think it's cute, but I didn't take it into consideration when we were choosing her name.  I wouldn't be worried about it unless it spelled something bad.  She probably wouldn't get anything monogrammed until she was married though and who knows what her initials will be then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options

I'm pretty sure I confessed this before, but my initials spell A.R.F.  and yes I got teased for it, but that was mostly because my brothers loved telling everyone to torture me as a child.  Oh and my parents did it twice, my lil sis is A.R.F as well.  I survived, now, I'm A.R.F-R.  If anything, i think it gave me tougher skin. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My baby boy's initials are going to be MTC doesnt mean anything but if we were going to have a girl it would have been KFC. :o)
  • Options
    Not that I can think of...Her's will be MRR.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My baby's intials don't spell anything... WWW.... unless you think of like the internet! Also would your baby's be SAD or sDa... how lots of times the last name intial goes in the middle? But more than likely I would think she would not use her monogram except as a baby (if you are using it on stuff) or after she gets married... and I use mine and my husband's (middle name) on monogramed things... My intials are SEW, his are WJW... I usually do sWj... since he goes by his middle name and I think that sWw looks funny! But no I do not think it is a big deal unless it was a curse word or some sort of "dirty" word!
  • Options
    Mine are JAM. ?I hope he likes to eat Jam or likes to Jam to music lol.
  • Options

My daughters will also spell SAD, it doesnt bother me at all. In fact my mothers was the same before she got married. As far as monogramming goes doesnt the last name usually fall in the center so it would look more like SDA?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    DH vetoed any name that resulted in initials spelling a negative sounding word or acronym.  For example, we were considering BAH which DH associated with bah-humbug (think scrooge). I hadn't even thought about the monogam thing until he pointed it out. I do have a niece whose initials spell SON whch i think is a little odd. If you like the name, go fo it!  She can always use the monogram that puts the last name in the middle with a larger font.  Good Luck!
  • Options

If we'd had a boy, his initials would have been ART.  DH is an artist/graphic designer/etc. so he really liked that.  One day, if we have a boy, we'll still be using that name.

DD will either be IRT, SET, or SKT (my personal favorite right now) depending on what we decide.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options

imageSarah3716:
    My baby's intials don't spell anything... WWW.... unless you think of like the internet! Also would your baby's be SAD or sDa... how lots of times the last name intial goes in the middle? But more than likely I would think she would not use her monogram except as a baby (if you are using it on stuff) or after she gets married... and I use mine and my husband's (middle name) on monogramed things... My intials are SEW, his are WJW... I usually do sWj... since he goes by his middle name and I think that sWw looks funny! But no I do not think it is a big deal unless it was a curse word or some sort of "dirty" word!

yup, the last name initial goes int the middle anyway

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never even considered initials when making name choices b/c I don't think it is a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    APB...PUT OUT AN ALL POINTS BULLETIN!!!
  • Options

LOL!  It personally doesn't bother me.  My mother looked a bit scandalized when I pointed it out to her, but it's not her name or her baby so whatever.  Stick out tongue

My husband's initials spell MRD...which I think is funny.  I call him Mr. D sometimes.  haha.   I love the PP whose baby's initials spell JAM.  That's awesome!  

• Options

Nothing can be worse than my brother's initials... PMS. ?I don't know what my parents were thinking. ?

?

• Options

For a monograming obsessive family I really had to consider initials.  My mom is a PBK junkie and my 3 sisters are just as bad! 

DD: EMVZ (EVZ)

DS: GDVZ (GVZ)

OUr last name has 2 caps so we normally dont use the middle initial

• Options
    Ours will be RAG. So...yeah I guess she could get "teased" but I guess kids can get teased for anything. DH said he will just sing the song "ragdoll" to her a lot. ha
  • Options
    No, they don't spell anything. It wasn't a consideration, but we thought about it after we decided her name.
  • Options
    It'll be CMVM or CLVM. Can't decide on the one middle name.
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    The girls name we like would give the initials ELF. I'm not that worried about it, but I know my sisters will both make rude comments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"