Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Liquids

DD is 9 1/2 months old. As of now her feeding schedule is .. breakfast- lunch-snack-dinner.  and she is EBF so we nurse at least once or twice between each of those.  I pump when i can and give it to her in a sippy- or she gets water ( approved by ped.) I just have no idea where you go from there.. or when!  like juice... i have friends with 5-6 month olds and they are giving them juice diluted in water already in bottles or sippys.  and i was under the impression most of my adult life that you dont really give kids any juice till they are older.   I know everyone has different thoughts... would you please share yours?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Liquids

• Keep doing what youre doing. Your LO does not need juice within in the next 2 years!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Ds has had diluted juice occasionally because he gets really constipated and sometimes even prunes etc don't help. Otherwise I would just do plain water.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Personally, I hardly ever drink juice myself, so I don't see giving my kid juice anytime soon.  DH is a big juice drinker, but I've converted him to diluting it with water.  Eventually I'm sure my son will want to drink "what daddy's drinking" but I probably won't give him any juice until that point.  And when I do it's going to be heavily diluted.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You're doing just fine. Our pedi suggested about 4-6 oz. of water per day, in the sippy. You shouldn't give anything except milk in the bottle. Babies should associate the bottle with their milk and comfort only. Everything else should be in a sippy. You don't need to give her juice if you don't want to. The more water you give her now, the more likely it is that she'll prefer it in the future.

Don't compare yourself to your friends. If it works for your baby, then go with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"