December 2012 Moms

Flu Shot?

2»

Re: Flu Shot?

• imageFairyDuster003:

Yes, I maintain that mentality that sickness is not allowed to enter my body. If you are open and expecting to get sick, it will happen all the time. But whenever I start feeling bad, I don't allow it to progress any further. I have even worked in a daycare in the toddler room and never got ill. I mean, obviously it works. You all should give it a good try! Its very inexpensive!

I guess the thousands of people who die every year from the flu were just negative thinkers!

Honestly I'm all for a positive attitude and I think that does help, but what's the harm in doing both?   

• I get the flu shot every year, and usually have a reactionI'm sluggish, Achey, and have a very lowgrade fever. BUTin 2009 I had the actual flu not what some people think is the flu which is actually a stomach bug and the shot is NOTHING compared to the flu. Nothing. I felt like I was dying. I got so dehydrated I needed IV fluids. The allover pain and nonstop shivering was terrifying. I would never want to go through that pregnant, with a toddler, or put my unborn baby through that misery. Bring on the flu shot! I will be the first in line.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"