October 2011 Moms

we are entering the "turd" stage

Seriously. Shrieking over everything, wanting to be held, put me down, no pick me back up, this weird pterodactyl growl that I can't even properly describe but it HAS to hurt his throat, meltdowns at 7 out of 10 diaper changes, acting like I'm trying to set him on fire if I need to hold him still to change his clothes, or worse, wash his hands or face after eating, deliberately touching outlets, the dogs' water bowls, the cable box, just to hear me say "no Wes, we don't touch that," GAHHHHHHHHHH. I'm ready to sell him to the Goblin King.
July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Re: we are entering the "turd" stage

• Oh, it is such a fun time isn't it. B is doing the exact same thing, I hope it is a short lived phase!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Same here but I have to say it is nothing compared to my 2 year old...it gets even better.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • And that was totally a "just wait..." response. Yup, I will own it.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I thought you were going to talk about "code brown" because we are definitely on the turd stage here.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • You think two is bad.  Wait until 3.  Why?  It's how God prepares us for teenagers.  She 2 is a breeze compared to 3.  At least when they are in the turd stage they are just being naughty not evil. At three they are evil.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHappyAardvark:
    Seriously. Shrieking over everything, wanting to be held, put me down, no pick me back up, this weird pterodactyl growl that I can't even properly describe but it HAS to hurt his throat, meltdowns at 7 out of 10 diaper changes, acting like I'm trying to set him on fire if I need to hold him still to change his clothes, or worse, wash his hands or face after eating, deliberately touching outlets, the dogs' water bowls, the cable box, just to hear me say "no Wes, we don't touch that," GAHHHHHHHHHH. I'm ready to sell him to the Goblin King.

I feel you. Add in the cold he was having....no fun. My happy baby got replaced by some freaking gremlin. It was the worst mood I have ever seen him in. Thankfully he was a tiny bit better today, but the growling, the diaper change meltdowns.....I cannot wait for that to be over.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll let you know next year about the teenage stageIndifferent

I tell you when they reach the age where they can wipe their own butts(correctly)  it gets much better.  5+ are a breeze unless you have a  bed-wetter (shudder) or more than one child.  We always sing that Offspring song "Come out and play- Got keep 'em separated" when the kids start fighting.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagepennysuedog:
    I thought you were going to talk about "code brown" because we are definitely on the turd stage here.

Bahaha this is what I was thinking, too. BUT we have reached this stage in both cases. We have been at the stage for a while where he gets so needy, and does things he knows he is not supposed to do. He crawls on to the dogs bed just to hear me tell him no and give me the most devious little smile. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    Same here but I have to say it is nothing compared to my 2 year old...it gets even better.

All of my experience with kids has been in the +3 on up age groups so admittedly I do not have very much experience at all with raising a kid in the 0-3 age group. Can you assure us that 1-2 is at least good (or am I just dreaming)??

DS's pedi told us "They say the terrible 2's are bad. They are nothing! It is the 3's that are horrible!" He has 6 kids from baby to teenagers one of which is now 3 yo. 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm fortunate in that my kid is easy going and doesn't seem to have much of an opinion about things.  I feel I have put in my time, though, because his 4 year old sister is still crazy high maintenance. 

Years 1-2 seemed like a breeze compared to 3.  I was warned about it, at least, and now I know for future kids to plan on year 3 pretty much making me want to stick forks in my eyes.

• I have one of those...pick me up, but I want to be down, banshee shriek on constant replay while chasing the cats, knocking over their water bowl and pulling their tails while mommy says "no".  Try and put pants on...no way mommy, one leg in, other leg in, first leg out, first leg in, second leg out than laugh like a maniac. Poopy diaper, try and touch it, put my feet in it, roll over until mommy pins me down. She is lovely.  
  • You described N to a tee!  You'd think I was washing his hand with acid, the way he screams when I approach with a face cloth.  And trying to get smeared poop off his junk before his hands get down there should be an Olympic event. I've learned to toss a shirt, book, toy over his face and normally he will get preoccupied with peek-a-boo long enough to get him clean before his hand get in there (shudder).  It's insane.  We naively say we have a 2 year old.  Because this is what I imagined 2 would be like but after reading this post... I'm scared.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • You guys have no idea how relieving it is that there are other crazy babies out there.  All I do is redirect.  DS will not lay down for a diaper change.  He wants up, he wants down.  If I take something away, he gives me a big pouty lip and lets out a shrieking cry.  He throws full on temper tantrums if I don't let him run wherever he wants while we are out.  If I put shoes on him, he throws himself to the ground, grabs his feet and screams until I take them off.

I get a little jealous when we are out at the mall and there are babies that are perfectly content in their carriers/strollers.  I am getting the side eye from those women while DS is sprinting out of the store in just socks, squealing the entire way.

• Yeah, DS does the same stuff you all are describing.  The worst is when he gets mad when I try to move him away from something and he will stiffen up and lay down so that I can't grab him.  He also does that when he doesn't want to go in the stroller and will slink downwards under the tray and try to escape.  I thought it would only get better, but now I'm afraid for ages 2-3!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You guys are all making me laugh but especially Jeankerri!! Acid on a cloth sounds so familiar. God forbid I'd want to wipe snot off of his face. It's like I'm trying to torture him!
  • ATM, LO is not the turd. At least he naps. Sometimes I get a moment of lucidity and look at my toddler and think how I'll have to do it all again in a year. But then I pour another drink and go back to deep, deep denial.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Damnit, you guys are scaring me and I'm not even a FTM. My older ds was such an easy baby and toddler, honestly he didn't have a terrible stage. He never got into anything and was content playing with his toys. I can already tell that C is different that his brother. If you tell him no the second your back is turned he's getting into what you said no to. I picked him up from daycare the other day and they asked me if he got into a lot of stuff at home because he had managed to crawl under one of the tables where spare clothes and toys stored at and he was pushing out all the drawers from behind. I guess he that is was hilarious. Dh warned me, he was a terrible child. We are doomed.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've just started noticing some additionalshall we call it...fiesty behavior over the past week or so. My favorite is standing in her car seat when I try to buckle her in. Instead of sitting down nicely, she locks her knees and then tries to launch herself over the side of the seat. Where she is trying to go, only she knows. And of course, numerous other absurdities that have already been mentioned.
  • My little turd just tried to crawl away with a poopy butt. Yay. I think I start looking forward to labour....then someone else gets to deal with that!
  • Am I the only one that changes the diaper while he stands every single time? There is no way to get him to lay down to change it!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRoxRing:
    Am I the only one that changes the diaper while he stands every single time? There is no way to get him to lay down to change it!

I  started that. It just doesn't always work. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"