July 2012 Moms

How long is your FF LO going between feedings?

I'm pretty much accepting that my child will never sleep more than 2 hours at a time for this rest of his life! ha! I've been lucky ONCE to get a 4 hour stretch. Just for example, last night he fed at 11:30, 3:45, 5:30 & 7:30. He's like flipping clock work. What's even worse, he HATES a wet diaper. The second he pees, he screams to be changed. (And everyone wonders why I'm so exhausted...) I spend my nights changing diapers (because he pees more than any kid I know..) and feeding him. Anyway- I know BF babies don't last long between feedings because it digest easier, but LO is FF and I feel like we're still on my BF schedule! I also feel I'm getting screwed. I have 2 friends that have babies his age and they are BOTH sleeping 6-7 hours a night. What am I doing wrong?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long is your FF LO going between feedings?

• It depends on his mood, usually 3 hours but sometimes every 2...still!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I forgot to add the 1:30 feeding. Blame lack of sleep.. I blame that on everything these days lol! Okay, so I guess I'm not the only one.. are you completely exhausted too!!??
  • Loading the player...
  • Lilah is every 2-3 hrs. She only eats about 2 ounces. i would ove for her to eat more at night cuz i know she'd sleep more

• Now at night he seems to do a little better sometimes. SOMETIMES Stick out tongue So yeah im still pooped!!!!

The longest he's ever gone was 4 hours without eating. But usually it's just the 2 to 3 hours.

• I've tried EVERY diaper known to man! It didn't matter what brand or size I used, he still freaked out when he peed. I don't know what it is. He can't stand it! I've caught myself asking him to just sit in his dirty diaper 10 more minutes so mommy can sleep! LOL! During the day, he's the same. He may go about 3 hours. Is it possible we're going through ANOTHER growth spurt? I just want this kid to sleep longer!.. gaah!
  • After reading everyone's posts here I am concluding that our LO's digest formula just as quickly as they would with bm. My DS eats 2-3 hours during the day. And when I put him to bed between 730-830 he will wake up 3-4 hours later for the first feeding. Then 2-3 hours for all the rest. I was giving him 5 oz for the last two weeks but this past week he was only finishing 3-4 oz. So now I make him 4 oz bottles. Sometimes he will act like he is still starving and I'll give him another oz or 2. But even when he was eating the whole 5 oz he would still want to eat 2-3 hours. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have that problem too sometimes. I'll fix a 4oz bottle and sometimes he is still wanting more, I'll give him 1-2 more oz and he's great. But fix a 5oz bottle and he'll only take 3 LOL! crazy youngin'!
  • How much is he drinking?  My Lo drinks 3-4 oz about every three hours.  But, at night goes for a 5 hour stretch every night followed my a 3 hour one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 4oz
  • lo is 1 month 3 days.  he is eating 3 oz about every 2 hrs.... He used to be more of a snacker during  the day, like eating a half ounce every 20 min!  but hes been getting more into eating the full 3 oz (can take up to an hr to get it down) every 2 hrs, I have really noticed this week that he is going longer bewteen feedings.  I think now that he is seeing things more, he is getting distracted!

At night he eats around 10-11 ish, then hes been sleeping from midnight till 2 or 3, last few nights its been closer to 3..which have been nice.  then after that is usually every 2 hrs- but sometimes its like hell only eat 2 ounces and wake again an hr later!  

• I know how you feel with the LO hating being wet, so does mine and she pees all the time too and is FF. All I can say is have faith, it will change suddenly and you won't see it coming.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• imagemandiek72512:
    I've tried EVERY diaper known to man! It didn't matter what brand or size I used, he still freaked out when he peed. I don't know what it is. He can't stand it! I've caught myself asking him to just sit in his dirty diaper 10 more minutes so mommy can sleep! LOL! During the day, he's the same. He may go about 3 hours. Is it possible we're going through ANOTHER growth spurt? I just want this kid to sleep longer!.. gaah!

You've definitely tried Pampers stay dry 12 hour diapers? They take the moisture away from baby pretty well and DS's diaper gets HEAVY before he starts crying..it's crazy how much urine they hold!

On a side note, DS is still all over the place...during the day he can go 4 or 5 hour random naps or eat every 2...just depends on his mood I guess! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Are you feeding him enough? At about the age your LO is now, I had to increase each feeding to 4 oz for my DS. Each week seems to get better. Due to this current growth spurt, however, he is eating every 2 1/2 hours (normally it's about 3-4 in between). Each night we feed him around 8 pm. And do a "top-off" at 9 of 2 oz and he sleeps 6 hours straight! It's amazing!!!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"