October 2011 Moms

Anyone not planning on WCM?

Is anyone *not* planning to transition LO to white cow's milk? A friend of mine said they are moving their daughter to flax seed milk (which I had never even heard of). This was over email, so I haven't heard back on why, though I know WCM can be hard on their little systems sometimes. I just assumed we would move G to WCM, but now I wonder about other options.

Re: Anyone not planning on WCM?

• My son hates WCM. He refused to drink it for years so we used alternatives. The point of WCM is the healthy fats for brain development which you can get from other sources just like calcium.
  • I know some people are against giving WCM, which I think is fine as long as you are making sure they are getting healthy fats from other sources. I know people use the argument that no other animal drinks another animal's milk or has milk into adulthood, but no other animal cooks it's food either, so the argument doesn't make sense to me. Also, if you want to go way back to a more tribal society, babies weaned much later from their mother than a year, closer to 5 years. So historically a baby would have been getting it's healthy fats for many years from BM. 

Anyway you want to do it, the important thing is that you are making sure your baby is getting the nutrition that she/he needs to grow and develop. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We're likely going to do almond milk, because of DD's milk protein allergy. As PP have said, as long as your LO is getting the nutrients (including fat) that they need from other food, it's OK not to do WCM.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing WCM because LBB hasn't show any allergies or reason not to.  Although I do play around with different "milk" products like goat cheese or coconut milk yogurt.

But FTR, the W in WCM stands for "Whole" not "White."  There's no subversive KKK undertone to dairy products.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're not as I mentioned below. We haven't talked to the pedi about it yet, but she eats lots of great fat and we don't drink milk so we never keep it around.
  • imagecrystalbaby:

imageblu-eyedwife:
    But FTR, the W in WCM stands for "Whole" not "White."  There's no subversive KKK undertone to dairy products.

LMAO. Is the alternative to white cow's milk, chocolate milk?

You mean like lmedina18?

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66993823.aspx

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish we could. I would if DS wasn't allergic. In "theory" you can make up for it dietarily but toddlers are notoriously picky and WCM or BM or formula is the best insurance policy. None of the other milks are really adequate, rice and almond milk have hardly any cals etc. We are seeing a dietician soon about this actually.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Im not against it, but E has had a problem with it in the past so I have no idea what we are going to do.

Bluyou crack me up.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"