Single Parents
Options

Lonely

Hi everyone. I posted here once before under an AE and haven't posted since because stbxh watches my every online move. But I just don't care anymore.

Anyway, I was just wondering how you deal with the loneliness? I don't mean like I want him back or even want another man...I just feel lonely and lost. I have a ton of great support in family and friends but I find it hard to talk about how I'm feeling sometimes. And I miss my house and my cats and DS's nursery. And just my general routine. I had to grab what I could and leave... I feel like everything is up in the air and I am just so stressed out all the time.

I am seeing a therapist, so that is helping a bit. But this just feels so overwhelming sometimes and it's hard to keep the happy, upbeat mask on.
8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
"Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
~Dr. Suess
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Lonely

• Options
    I have my sons first Teddy bear I cuddle with every night. I also play some soft music on Pandora on my cellphone in the background. Sometimes I even play a guided chakra meditation CD in the background if I am having a really hard time falling asleep. It gives me something else to think about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work full time and then take care of 2 kids when I'm not working.  I guess I'm too busy to be lonely.  What I would do for some alone time! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesunflwr0911:
    I miss my house and my cats and DS's nursery. And just my general routine. I had to grab what I could and leave... I feel like everything is up in the air and I am just so stressed out all the time. I am seeing a therapist, so that is helping a bit. But this just feels so overwhelming sometimes and it's hard to keep the happy, upbeat mask on.

I'm in the same boat and feel the same way. <hugs> to you.  I also noticed that our boys are close in age. Please pm me if you ever want to chat. It might be good therapy for both of us.

• Options
    I work fulltime and take are of DD by myself ( no custody, visitations for BF)  Id like to date but cant find the time to meet someone!!  I do sometimes feel lonely and jealous because all of my close friends are in serious relatiosnhips, married, or engaged.  Its hard to hear about all of their plans and vacations and date nights all the time.  I go home to a house with just me and DD and when she goes to bed its just me.........
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel for you.  I currently live with my parents because BD and I aren't together.  We actually live in different states now.  And even though my parents are supportive, it just isn't the same as having that "person" there for you, going through it with you.

I am also going to therapy which has helped.  But I still feel lonely and isolated.  I moved in the middle of my pregnancy to a city I have never lived in before and I don't have any friends.  So it is basically my parents and my work colleagues that I get to interact with, and it has been brutal.  It's kind of like being in a crowd of people but still feeling alone.  

• Options
    imagejlr1988:

I feel for you.  I currently live with my parents because BD and I aren't together.  We actually live in different states now.  And even though my parents are supportive, it just isn't the same as having that "person" there for you, going through it with you.

I am also going to therapy which has helped.  But I still feel lonely and isolated.  I moved in the middle of my pregnancy to a city I have never lived in before and I don't have any friends.  So it is basically my parents and my work colleagues that I get to interact with, and it has been brutal.  It's kind of like being in a crowd of people but still feeling alone.  

Exactly!  I know no one wants to hear my biitching all the time, so I really don't know what to say to people and it's really all I have to talk about these days...

Thanks for the support, ladies.  I'm glad I'm not the only one...although I'm not glad all of you are going through it too! 

8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"