Multiples

lots of drainage...i know grosse, sorry!

Ok, I know this is grosse, but really what about pregnancy is just awesome, until you have the sweet things? ANYWAY, I am 22 1/2 weeks, and I am noticing a lot more discharge and drainage, is this normal? I know that some is ok, but this is quite a bit and I'm not sure if its something I should worry about or not, or if with twins its just a lot more than with a singleton, comments helpful! thanks!

Re: lots of drainage...i know grosse, sorry!

• I have a lot more drainage with this pregnancy than I did with my son. I asked my OB several times so she could reassure me that everything is ok. You should ask your OB to monitor & double check you since everyone is different.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had a lot of drainage/discharge from about 15-18 weeks. My doctor said it was normal but to call if it changed consistency or had an odor. I would call your doctor to see what s/he thinks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had a ton also through this pregnancy. I guess it just another thing where your getting double the blessings, but have to pay twice the price Tongue Tied
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a TON- with DS' pregnancy, too. But my has been a pretty steady flow of grossness, or increases very gradually. They still ask at the OB if I have had any sudden change or increase and I say no. So I think you should call or be seen, because you want to rule out a slow amniotic leak since yours has been more abrupt. Apparently amniotic fluid has a very sweet smell to it, or it can smell foul if it is infected, which are also things to look for (even grosser!)

FWIW, I hate being in this boat with you! I was excited to not have a period while pregnant, but I was not prepared for this- constant discharge and having to wear a pantiliner ALL the time. I think this is worse! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I'm right there with you!! At 22 weeks I actually woke up with my underwear soaked and my shorts and bed a little damp. I was told to get to L and D right away, but it turned out not to be amniotic fluid. Just gross pregnant person discharge. Now every morning within the first ten minutes of getting out of bed I'm prepared for the big rush of fluid. There's also panty liner worthy discharge all throughout the day. Like pregnancy doesn't come with enough gross things. But the MFM is not worried about it. I two follow up appointments after my trip to l and d. The babies have plenty of fluid and my cervical length is great. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"