August 2012 Moms

Overdue check in!

Since c-mo had her baby, I figured I'd post this one today. 

It's 8/31! That mean EVERYONE is officially "due" now and most of us are "overdue" Wah!

So questions for today:

Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday?

Any inductions scheduled?

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend?

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly? 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Overdue check in!

• Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday?
    Nothing. I broke out the breast pump and tried nipple stimulation for a full hour during Project Runway (not the RNC - shameful). Looked up instructions online that said to mimic contractions so I'd do one side for 90 secs, take a 4 minute break, then do the other side. I got one good contraction out of it and that was all.

Not yet.

Acupuncture today, and popping into my OB's office for a membrane sweep this afternoon. Will keep trying nipple stimulation and sex and getting spicy thai food tonight..... I'm trying it all short of castor oil basically!

Maybe two. The one I'm wearing now is a maternity shirt and it only reaches my belly (but I'm lounging around the house in yoga pants still so I don't give a rats ass)

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday? nope, still high and closed as of dr appt yesterday.

Any inductions scheduled? next tuesday

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend? No, just taking it easy and enjoying this last weekend with my DD1.

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly?  Only the one I am wearing.  Good thing we are not going any where this weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  •  Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday?

Nothing! I am so depressed that my August baby is now going to be a September baby. Stupid, I know.

They asked if I wanted to get induced today and it was soooo tempting but there is no guarentee that he would have come today and still would have been a Sept baby. I really don't want to be induced. They told me my chances for a c-section go up with and induction and I would rather avoid that. However, if he is not here on his own by next Thursday, he will be evicted that day.

I have tried all the OWT I read about and nothing has worked. I am even getting some milk with nipple stimulation, but no reaction from my utuerus.

I have several because I picked up a bunch of extra large tops from the second hand store but I am sticking to dresses most of the time. They have gotten pretty short due to the belly though.

I am still praying for a blue moon baby for us all!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedangerkitty102:

It's 8/31! That mean EVERYONE is officially "due" now and most of us are "overdue" Wah!

So questions for today:

Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday? No changes from yesterday

Any inductions scheduled? We have our induction scheduled for Tuesday.

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend? Probably a lot of walking

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly? None, LOL

TTC #1 Since 9/2010
    Progesterone B/W at 11DPO (9/21/2011) - 3.5 (Ovulatory)
    HSG (10/3/2011) - Normal!
    SA (11/8/11) - Normal except for low morph. (18%)
    SA (11/23)- same as above
    BFP #1 - 12/16/11
    Due date - 8/26/12
    Its a BOY!
    DS born 9/2/2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedangerkitty102:

Nothing. I broke out the breast pump and tried nipple stimulation for a full hour during Project Runway (not the RNC - shameful). Looked up instructions online that said to mimic contractions so I'd do one side for 90 secs, take a 4 minute break, then do the other side. I got one good contraction out of it and that was all.

Eh, I don't think you'd be better off having seen Clint Eastwood arguing with a chair.

Since I'm team "nothing means anything anymore," no. Baby's been wiggly, I had a disgustingly copious amount of MP loss all day yesterday, and the moon is all giant and blue-y...I don't know. I really want to have this kid today, but who knows. Come on baby, do it for famous cat!

Appointment on Wednesday to discuss that. Meh.

I'll keep on keepin' on with the regular hippie nonsense of RRL tea, EPO, and spicy food. I'm also going to try bribery. Maybe wave a couple bucks around my crotch and see what happens. OOH, peer pressure, maybe? "HEY BABY...C_Mo had Miles last night. I'm just saying. Seems like all the cool babies are being born now..."

(Don't you judge me, I taught high school for about 3 years and it's all I know)

Ugh, maybe 3. That's being generous. I miss my clothes, especially my jeans and tank tops. It's college football time again, I WANT TO WEAR MY STUFF! BABY! I BOUGHT YOU CUTE STUFF TOO! LET'S WEAR CUTE STUFF TOGETHER, K? 

getoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetoutgetout

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday?  Nothing.  I'm a little crampy on and off today, but no contractions or anything like that.  I'm only a day overdue, but I'm frustrated and ready to be done.  I've been super emotional today and crying at the most random things, lol.

Any inductions scheduled?  Not yet.

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend?  I'm just walking and trying to stay as active as I can at this point.  DH and I had sex a couple times and I ate some pineapple last night.  Nothing has happened.

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly? Most of them still cover, but a few are barely hanging on.

Dilated 2 cm. Contractions. But I've had contractions for weeks. 

No. Discussed possibilities yesterday, but still just "watchful waiting." 

Everything but castor oil. 

3? I think 3.  

• I was laying in the tub an hour ago thinking that if nobody posted today's check in, I would take care of it.  I was trying to come up with good questions, but your #4 is the best!

Yes!  I had some light contractions from about 2:30-7:30 AM.  They were not intense at all and came about every 20 minutes.  The last two were really light and then they went away completely.  No biggie, I was hanging out in bed sleeping most of the time.  I've also had bloody show and have been losing bits of mucous plug today, I believe. 

Nope.  I'm only two days over so we haven't discussed that option yet. 

Nope.  This fetus can come when he wants.

Two.  I bought both at Old Navy about a month ago.  They are much too big for me, but are at least long enough to cover all the skin.

We are heading to the midwife office for a BPP and NST in a bit.  We're taking all the hospital goodies just in case, but I'm expecting we'll be home tonight and waiting until our next appointment on Tuesday. 

• CONGRATS C_MO!

Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday? SIGNS MEAN NOTHING! *commence sobbing* I was having crazy contractions, thought my water had broken, got to the hospital and everything stopped. I am not any more dilated, but almost entirely effaced. FML!

Any inductions scheduled? If he isn't here by the 6th, I go in at 8:30am.

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend? Except sex, I have tried everything. I don't know what to do anymore.

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly? Maybe 2 or 3. Thankfully I haven't had to go anywhere.

• 1. I feel completely normal, except for the big belly I keep noticing as I walk by store windows, "Oh right, I'm still pregnant!"

2. No inductions scheduled and I'm getting annoyed that everyone keeps assuming I'm getting induced (nurses, technicians, and doctors at the hospital every time I go in for NST or biophysical: "So, you're here for an induction?").

3. I'm going to take more walks, but also trying to fight off a cold, so part of me just wants to get some rest and be healthy for the baby when he/she decides to come.

4. I'm living in my three Old Navy maternity tank tops.. they are the only thing I have that cover this bulge ;) 

BFP 2/14/14, m/c 4/14/14 at 12 wks
    BFP 12/24/11 happy and healthy baby boy!
    BFP 11/23/11, m/c 11/25/11 at 4 wks
    BFP 7/10/09, m/c 7/23/09 at 6 wks

• imagedangerkitty102:

So questions for today:

Nope!

Have induction scheduled for Monday, but I have to go in Sunday night to start Cervadil.

I had my membranes stripped this morning, and that's about all I'm doing. My nipples are sore, I'm sick of pineapple and Mexican food, sex is a joke, my legs are swollen from all the walking and jogging (yes, jogging), I'm through my second box of raspberry leaf tea, oh and I already prayed to the almost-full moon last night, but maybe I'll give it another whirl tonight!

I have a rotation of 3 maxi-skirts, 2 tube tops and a few tank tops, all of which are probably entirely inappropriate at this stage in the game! But they do *technically* cover :)

Nothing - I just had an appointment at which the midwife tried to do a membrane sweep, but I am still completely closed, so it was a no-go.

No, BPP scheduled for next Wednesday - hopefully I won't have to go!

Haha, my husband told me I am on a "sex and raspberry tea diet" until the baby decides to move out!

3, but they are all dressy and I am not up for getting dressy at this point!

Yesterday I went to the doctor, got a second sweep (without warning- yowch!) and found out I was at 2cm, 75%effaced. That being 5 days overdue. Contractions started at 3:30am, went every 10 minutes to 8 to 7 to 30 then stopped by 10am. *cue the sad trombone*

7am, Labor Day. LOL

I am trying anything and everything. I really don't want an induction- pitocin blows.

I have 4, and two sundresses, however I have not left my PJs for more than a few hours this week since the office is letting me work from home. I feel like one of those cheesy University of Phoenix ads- "I can go to work...in my pajamas!"

• Any progress or signs of impending labor since yesterday? I've been having more cramps and what I think are BH, but no big signs.

Any inductions scheduled? Tuesday :(

Are you trying any "natural", OWT, DIY induction methods this weekend? I got another membrane sweep today, continuing to drink RLTea, spicy foods, and some walking.

How many shirts do you own that still completely cover your belly? LOL! Not many! I think maybe 4 but around the house I don't care and let it all hang out so I just need the shirts to cover when I go out.

No...  I was stretched from a 3.5 to a 4 today.  My OB wanted to take me to a 5 but I couldn't handle the pain.  I felt like I was going to puke since I'd had a huge breakfast in HOPES that the OB would say "Wow, you're at an 8 with no painful contractions, go to L&D!"  Wishful thinking...  Now I have bleeding.  Most likely it's from the stretching rather than any progress :(

I have an induction scheduled for Monday morning.  My OB wanted to induce this weekend but the hospital couldn't schedule me in.  She's concerned that LO's movements are basically forced with cold water and OJ.  Plus, I'm seeing sparkles and my fingers are now swelling.  I'm still REALLY hoping and praying she comes this weekend! 

I'm going to Google every friggin' OWT there is and try them!  DH is freaked out by sex, though, so that's out.  

All but one of my maternity shirts still cover my belly so I have about 10.  I just found one with a tag still on it, yesterday!  All of my maternity-wear came from Motherhood.  They held up well and stayed long enough.  However, my only weight gain has been in the belly (not any in the boobs) so I think that's worked out in my favor with my clothes fitting.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."

Not really. I haven't even lost my MP :( I was only a fingertip dilated on Tuesday. No contractions, no nothin. I feel like such a hypochondriac trying to see every possible thing as a sign of impending labor.

Not yet. We are going to discuss it at my Tuesday appt, but I really really want to go naturally, so I'm hoping she comes this weekend. It is LABOR day weekend afterall...

I've tried sex, nipple stimulation, walking, squats, raspberry herbal tea, pineapple, spicy foods...not even a hint of a painful contraction

quite a few actuallly. I'm short and most of my maternity shirts are pretty long.

• I'm in labor and delivery but I'm not having this baby today. Contracting every 34 minutes but still not dilated. This has been an interesting start to my scheduled induction. Natural methods haven't done a thing for me. I own about 10 shirts that still cover my belly. I like long shirts anyways :

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"