December 2010 Moms
Options

PSA: Parking Pal Magnet

As we're trying to teach Charlie to walk with us in parking lots and stand next to the car, its been tough. "Stay near me" is a pretty abstract concept. A coworker of mine highly suggested these and I'd never heard of it before, so I thought I'd share!

Its called a Parking Pal and you put it on the car near where you want your child to stand. They learn to keep their hand on it while you're getting stuff into/out of the car. Obviously, its not a 100% failsafe, but its easier to tell a 2 year old to keep their hand on the hand print than stay near. 

Here is a pic from Amazon...

Anyway, we just ordered one for each car. Hopefully it helps because C is getting WAY too big for me to carry everywhere!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: PSA: Parking Pal Magnet

• Options

Love these!

We do the "two hands on Mommy game"  I play it with him at home a lot when I am trying to do something and I don't want him into stuff.  He's gotten used to the game so I use it when we are in places like public restrooms or parking lots and I can't hold him and don't have a stroller.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

I like the "two hands on mommy" game and the magnets.

Too and from daycare B always has his own bag to carry.  It doesn't completely prevent bolting opportunities, but it does reduce them and it slows him down a bit if he does try to take off.

I'm for as many anti-bolting strategies as we can get.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you posted this! I saw this once and couldn't remember the brand. We NEED these. We parking in decks at home and at DC and both have decent walks to the door.  It would be nice to have something to direct him to do while we're getting in/out of the car.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemands629:
    imagemamaholmes2010:

Love these!

We do the "two hands on Mommy game"  I play it with him at home a lot when I am trying to do something and I don't want him into stuff.  He's gotten used to the game so I use it when we are in places like public restrooms or parking lots and I can't hold him and don't have a stroller.

::takes out special mommy hints notebook and writes down "two hands on Mommy game"::

Me, too - great idea, mamaholmes!

Those magnets are a cute idea, too.

I don't think I've even let DS walk or stand in a parking lot with me yet! He goes straight from the stroller or cart to his carseat.

We are practicing safety rules when we walk around our neighborhood though & MH even taught him to do & say, "look left! look right!" before crossing the street.

• Options

That looks like a great idea. I also just bought a handle that clips onto a stroller or shopping cart, so when she wants to walk I'm trying to teach her that she has to hold the handle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00466HCUK/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Oooh, I'm so glad you posted this!  I thought of this the other day.  A friend of ours used to have them.  I've taught Nate to stick his hand like that on the car, but an actual spot would be helpful.  Sometimes I kind of hold his hand there with my leg while I get other things out. :)  I think I might just buy that Avery brand magnet sheet at Walmart though and print my own if these are more expensive than that route.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"