July 2012 Moms

"Bad mom" moments:

I have a few that I'm definitely guilty of:

1.  I basically let LO sleep wherever she happens to fall asleep.  I'll turn her onto her back or her side if she's on her tummy...but really, carseat, pnp, rnp, swing, ...the floor a couple of times... if she's asleep, I'll just leave her alone because I really don't want to risk waking her!

2. When she fusses at night, I stare at the monitor and will her to go back to sleep...and I'll do this long past the time when it's evident she's awake and needs me.  I don't think it's ever gone past 5 minutes...but really, after two minutes I know she's really got a problem and I just try to wish it away.  Doesn't work...

and

3.  This is more "bad person" than "bad mom" but if I get a bit more sleep than usual, I won't tell DH.  I like him thinking I'm really sleep deprived so that when I want him to hold LO for 10 minutes so I can get a shower, I can use it against him.  "I was up with her all night!  The least you can do..."  you get it.  LOL

What about you ladies?  What bad mom thing are you guilty of? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Bad mom" moments:

• If I'm really tired, I use the swing as a babysitter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sometimes don't change LO's diaper during night feedings. He loves getting his diaper changed and he gets so awake and excited - I only do it if his diaper is very full or if I need him to wake up to nurse from the other breast. He's never had diaper rash and it doesn't seem to bug him...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Sometimes LO stays in her PJs all day. And me too.

2. I also (on the rare occassion I get a little more sleep) don't let DH know about it.

3. There have been days where I haven't done too much with LO. Some days I do tummy time a lot, read stories, go visit the grandparents.... and other days I just let her sleep so I can get housework/homework done and be productive. I hope this doesn't affect her intelligence in any way!!!

4. Some nights after a feeding, when she has FINALLY gone back to sleep, I realize she's peed. And I don't change her because I don't want her to wake up again. Don't worry- I change her if she poops!

My "bad" person moment: I have stopped feeling guily about wanting to get out of the house and away from LO/DH for a few hours. Even if it is to buy paper towels and pantiliners at Target by myself.

imageimage

• I took off LO's harness to wash it even though she's supposed to wear it 24/7. It was just so grimy it was stressing me out. It's drying on the balcony and it seems to be taking a while so she may be out of it all day. Whatever; that thing was gross.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ohh I have a few of these...

DH and I laugh at LO a lot (and then snuggle and comfort him of course) because he makes ridiculous noises when he's upset, and it sounds like he's faking it.

I go back and forth about being excited about starting a new job...part of me wishes I could be a SAHM and be with DS all day, but another small part of me is super excited to get back on a routine and spend some time outside of this house! It's the same when I make a run to go to Target or grocery shopping alone...there are times when I'm so excited to be by myself for a little bit and I feel like I'm busting out of jail!

DH annoys me when he sleeps through (or in his case probably pretends to sleep through a lot of the times!) the monitor at night, so when I have to get up I make big animated sighs and stomp out of the room sometimes like a child...not one of my best moments, but at 3 am all bets are off

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekatybug499:

1.  I basically let LO sleep wherever she happens to fall asleep.  I'll turn her onto her back or her side if she's on her tummy...but really, carseat, pnp, rnp, swing, ...the floor a couple of times... if she's asleep, I'll just leave her alone because I really don't want to risk waking her!

2. When she fusses at night, I stare at the monitor and will her to go back to sleep...and I'll do this long past the time when it's evident she's awake and needs me.  I don't think it's ever gone past 5 minutes...but really, after two minutes I know she's really got a problem and I just try to wish it away.  Doesn't work...

and

3.  This is more "bad person" than "bad mom" but if I get a bit more sleep than usual, I won't tell DH.  I like him thinking I'm really sleep deprived so that when I want him to hold LO for 10 minutes so I can get a shower, I can use it against him.  "I was up with her all night!  The least you can do..."  you get it.  LOL

I'll do the second one. Sometimes I will be up with him all day and he won't sleep, so when he finally does go to sleep and it is my bedtime I will just lay in bed until I hear the fussy cry. Also, sometimes at night when we go to the living room (so DH can get sleep), if I am really tired and I know he needs changing (as long as he isn't dirty with a poopy diaper) I will wait until I get at least two hours of sleep. I hate doing it and I don't do it all the time just when I am too tired to get up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • This is terrible.  I leave him on the changing table all the time to run to the bathroom or get changed.  It is one of the only places he likes and doesnt fuss.  But, this is the ridiculous part.  I am scared he can somehow fall off the dresser so I open up the top drawer and make sure all of his pj's would provide a nice little matress incase he does.
  • I was clipping LO's nails and cut a bit of skin and a drop of blood came out. I felt so horrible - I am not going to do nail clipping for a while now!

• imagemegs52881:
    This is terrible.  I leave him on the changing table all the time to run to the bathroom or get changed.  It is one of the only places he likes and doesnt fuss.  But, this is the ridiculous part.  I am scared he can somehow fall off the dresser so I open up the top drawer and make sure all of his pj's would provide a nice little matress incase he does.

Mine too!! DD loves changing table on PNP.  I'm gulty of leaving her there for a few as well.  I wonder what it is that makes them like it so much? 

• imagemegs52881:
    This is terrible.  I leave him on the changing table all the time to run to the bathroom or get changed.  It is one of the only places he likes and doesnt fuss.  But, this is the ridiculous part.  I am scared he can somehow fall off the dresser so I open up the top drawer and make sure all of his pj's would provide a nice little matress incase he does.

HAHA, I love it...at least you're providing cushioning, I think that makes you a good mommy ;) I've been guilty of running to get things while he's on the changing table but now that he has been performing little rolling tricks and turning in his crib already I've stopped because I'm terrified to hear a "thud" from the other room one of these days... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekatybug499:

I let LO sleep on the couch all the time. She loves to fall asleep nursing so I just roll her over to the other side of the couch.  Then I will get up to make a snack, use the bathroom, or take the dog out.  I do prop a little pillow near the end of the couch next to her and put a pillow on the floor to prevent her from rolling off.

• DD has a hard time sleeping on her own, so I hold her ALL. NIGHT. LONG. We sleep propped up on the couch. I used to say I'd never do that, but when you're exhausted you change your tune a bit. I'm so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again some day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageeafogel:
    DD has a hard time sleeping on her own, so I hold her ALL. NIGHT. LONG. We sleep propped up on the couch. I used to say I'd never do that, but when you're exhausted you change your tune a bit. I'm so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again some day!

I've done this a couple of times.  Usually, I'll wake up to DH tsking at me and asking why I didn't just come to bed.  I would kick him, but I'm too tired. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemegs52881:

I love this! Thank you so much for the laugh DH came home and found me with the computer in my lap and laughin so hard i was crying. He told me to tell you nice! lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"