June 2011 Moms
Options

TTC question. Opinions requested.

DH and I want to have a baby next year.  I'd love a fall baby.  I currently have an IUD.  Last time we TTC, I had my IUD taken out in May and we were pregnant by September.  Going by that theory, I should get my IUD taken out in December in hopes of being pregnant by March.  However, I wonder if it will be quicker this time around. 

Oh and we are going skiing in February, so I don't want to get pregnant before then.  Conceiving on the trip though would be awesome!

Thoughts?  When would you have your IUD removed if you were me?

Re: TTC question. Opinions requested.

• Options

I never had an IUD, but if you don't want to be pregnant for your ski trip in February, maybe have the IUD out in January? How long does it take for your system to normalize? Do you feel ill effects from having it out? (Like, if you had it out in January, would you still potentially feel bad during your ski trip?). 

I hope TTC goes quickly for you this time around too!  

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    imagechuicafina:

How long does it take for your system to normalize?

Last time it took a few weeks to get my period back.  It wasn't a big deal getting it out at all.  I was originally thinking January, but if it takes 4 months again, we could potentially have a January 2014 baby.  I really want to have the baby in fall of 2013.  Besides my extreme baby fever, it also makes more sense financially.

I've considered taking it out in December, but we don't use condoms (never have, never will) and that would suck if I got pregnant really quickly and couldn't ski.

Hmm...what to do? what to do?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Forget skiing, get knocked up now, be super cute in your maternity sweater snuggled up by the fire in February.

Stick out tongue

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:

Forget skiing, get knocked up now, be super cute in your maternity sweater snuggled up by the fire in February.

Stick out tongue

haha.  I don't want another summer baby. lol

• Options
    imagekimbo1216:
    imagechuicafina:

How long does it take for your system to normalize?

Last time it took a few weeks to get my period back.  It wasn't a big deal getting it out at all.  I was originally thinking January, but if it takes 4 months again, we could potentially have a January 2014 baby.  I really want to have the baby in fall of 2013.  Besides my extreme baby fever, it also makes more sense financially.

I've considered taking it out in December, but we don't use condoms (never have, never will) and that would suck if I got pregnant really quickly and couldn't ski.

Hmm...what to do? what to do?

Hmm, I think I would have it taken out in December then. Sounds like a fall baby trumps skiing to you :)

If the stars align, maybe we'll be on the same BMB again! I would love a fall baby! 

• Options

I can only comment on the skiing part....but if you are a good skiier you can certainly go skiing that early in pregnancy. At least I would! I went skiing 6 months pregnant with Callie! Big Smile

If I were you, I would probably have it removed right before the trip if you really don't want to ski while possibly pregnant and would love to conceive there (if the timing is right).

Good luck!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

We conceived our first try this time. For DS it took 4 months.  I think it was because we knew what we were doing this time around regarding timing.  Lots of practice for DS made for perfect this time around.

You could get your IUD out in December and use family planning until February.  Not fool proof - but has worked for us.  You will probably have to be really careful until you get your first period. 

You know that if you have a fall baby you are going to be uber pregnant during the heat of summer ;)

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My first thought, after being PG through this insanely hot summer, is that you're crazy wanting a fall baby! lol But I don't know, maybe it wasn't any hotter than normal for you in TX? No advise on the IUD since I don't have any experience with them but just wanted to say GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    Hmm... When I think of Fall, I think of September, October, and November. Which would mean that you'd have to conceive around December, January, or February (or early March). We conceived LO2 the end of March/beginning of April and are due late December. So, I guess if you want a true Fall baby, you'd have to be preggers or conceive on your trip. Not sure what advice to give, but I might get it taken out at Christmas so your body can start to get on a normal routine again (which might increase chances on your trip!) GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLollyBug18:
    My first thought, after being PG through this insanely hot summer, is that you're crazy wanting a fall baby! lol But I don't know, maybe it wasn't any hotter than normal for you in TX?

Haha.  This was actually a pretty mild summer for us.  No record breaking 100+ heat days.  And we're already averaging back down in the 90s and it's not even September!  And yes, that is mild for us. lol

I'm thinking December.  That way, I have time for my body to readjust and we can hopefully conceive in February/March.  

• Options
    I would have it removed in November or December, and just use condoms for 3 months. That's what we did when I went off the pill...went off in March, then we started trying in July.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageLauraOTR:
    I would have it removed in November or December, and just use condoms for 3 months. That's what we did when I went off the pill...went off in March, then we started trying in July.

I think this is a good idea. I love skiing and would want to fully enjoy my ski trip before getting pregnant! :)

And just throwing this out there, but my SIL got pregnant on the first time trying with DS #1, and then it took over a year for her to get pregnant with DS #2. There were no known medical reasons; it just took a lot longer her second time around! And by sharing that, I only mean that we never know what our fate will be!

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    i think you're planning too much.  when ttc, you just have to let go.  otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  sure, some people are lucky and can manage to the month when they conceive.  but most people have to try several months.  i say if the skiing trip is important, wait to have the IUD out until just before.  but don't get stuck on the idea of having a baby in december, because if you miss that one opportunity...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemesr:
    i think you're planning too much.  when ttc, you just have to let go.  otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  sure, some people are lucky and can manage to the month when they conceive.  but most people have to try several months.  i say if the skiing trip is important, wait to have the IUD out until just before.  but don't get stuck on the idea of having a baby in december, because if you miss that one opportunity...

I agree with this.  You are planning something that can't be planned.  If you really want a fall baby, start sooner.  If you really want to not be pg on the trip, wait.

• Options
    imagejcsumm0:

imagemesr:

I agree with this.  You are planning something that can't be planned.  If you really want a fall baby, start sooner.  If you really want to not be pg on the trip, wait.

Agree. You kind of can't plan when to get pregnant, you can only (try to) plan when *not* to get pregnant. With DS it took us 1 year of trying. With #2, we got a BFP on cycle 1, but miscarried and are now on cycle 3. I charted both times so we "knew what we were doing" even with DS. It's largely out of your hands!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    imageSarahKate31:
    imagejcsumm0:

imagemesr:

Agree. You kind of can't plan when to get pregnant, you can only (try to) plan when *not* to get pregnant. With DS it took us 1 year of trying. With #2, we got a BFP on cycle 1, but miscarried and are now on cycle 3. I charted both times so we "knew what we were doing" even with DS. It's largely out of your hands!

Aww, SarahKate- I don't know if you posted about your m/c, but I missed it. I'm so sorry for your loss.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"