Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What age did LO switch to 2 naps?

DS is 7 mos and has been taking a weird timed 3rd nap so I am trying to cut it out and just go to 2. What age did your LO go to 2 naps, and even 1?

Re: What age did LO switch to 2 naps?

• Options
    DD has been at two naps since four months old. She basically put herself on the 2-3-4 schedule. She goes to bed between 7-7:30 and wakes up at 6:30. Naps at 8:30/9ish and 1ish, each for ~2 hours, or a combo of about 3-4 hours a day (if the AM naps is short, the PM one is longer and vice versa). Not sure when she will phase out the morning nap, but I am fine with her taking her time on that one. :-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

By 7 mos he was down to 2 naps.  We had to push it a bit. He refused the 3rd cat nap a few times so we just increased his awake times little by little.  We had an early bedtime for awhile until he was able to stay up a little later.

Now he's 11.5mos and we think he's not far from going to one nap.  It may take a month or two, but I think we'll be heading that way soon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD just dropped down to two naps last month, so at 9 months. However, she sometimes still takes a third nap if the other two are very early or really short.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options
    Probably around 6ish months.  I can't remember exactly but we've been there for a good while now and there are some days she's only taking one.  Those are the days that she wakes up later, so she's still generally getting the same amount of sleep all on her own doing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Around 3 months LO was on two .75-1hr naps a day. LO is 10 months now and the past few weeks i taking one, 1.5hr nap in the middle of the day or sometimes a short morning &  afternoon nap.
  • Options

My DD has been on a 2 nap schedule since she was about 4 months old. She put herself on that schedule though. It is only when she isn't feeling well that she seems to need a third nap.

Some kids more sleep than others.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    About 8 months.  It took a couple weeks of some two nap and some three nap days but she has solidly been on two naps since.
  • Options

imageVeilSdeGTO:
    DD just dropped down to two naps last month, so at 9 months. However, she sometimes still takes a third nap if the other two are very early or really short.

This. We just dropped to 2 naps officially this past weekend (he's been doing 2 at daycare for a while but that's just because he doesn't sleep well there).

• Options
    Around 7 months. Until 7 months, he was sneaking in a nap around 5 for about 45 minutes, then would be up until about 7:30. Now that nap is gone, and he takes a two hour morning nap, and a two hour afternoon nap, on most days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    around 8'.5-9 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options

imageVeilSdeGTO:

This exactly.  Except at 11 months I wouldn't let her take that 3rd nap...I'd just put her down earlier.

• Options
    Around 7 months he finally gave up that little 45 minute cat nap at 5 pm. He then put himself onto the 2-3-4 schedule. It's nice because he's so predictable. Morning nap is between 1-2 hours and the afternoon nap is about 2.5 hours long. He sleeps about 9-12 hours a night depending on his mood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"