1st Trimester

Blood Test

I just need to vent about how much I hate the weekend, especially because it's a holiday weekend. I can't get in to see my OB for my first prenatal visit until Sept 11th so in the mean time I decided to go to my family doctor to have my blood drawn so I can see what my levels are. Since it's Friday, I wont get my results back until Tuesday. Tuesday is so far away! I just want to make sure my baby is okay.I even am going to get blood drawn again Tuesday to make sure my levels have at least doubled since today's blood draw.

Even though I have to wait to go to my OB, I do know that they will give me an u/s to confirm the pregnancy before I even see the Dr. Tuesday and Sept 11th cannot come fast enough. :/

Re: Blood Test

• How far along are you?
  • I am not sure exactly because I had only just gotten of bc at the beginning of June. I think I am only 5 or 6 weeks along, but wont know for sure until I see my OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you already go for the draw?  If not, ask your doc to order the results STAT, you'll have the results in about 4-5 hours.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imageMama-Bear:
    Did you already go for the draw?  If not, ask your doc to order the results STAT, you'll have the results in about 4-5 hours.

This.  My doc sent me for bloodwork yesterday morning, and told me when I signed in to put STAT next to my name.  She called me yesterday afternoon with the results (which were great!).  I'm going to go again tomorrow just to make sure things are progressing, so I'll probably do STAT again (although I don't know if I'll get the results because the lab's only open until noon).

Good luck! 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• My family Dr had me go to a 3rd party lab for the blood draw this morning and they said I would get the results on Tuesday. My OB won't see me until Sept. 11. This is my first pregnancy, but my mom had a mc around 6 weeks so I'm all freaked out about it. The internet can be a bad thing sometimes.
  • Alright missy NO INTERNET this weekend, that's right you're grounded Wink ... from the internet.  Usually I remind myself no phone call from the doctor's office is good news. The last thing you want to do is stress your self. I had a MC at 6 wks but that was 4 years ago, since then I've given birth to a very healthy and spunky DS and I'm 8wks into my next pregnancy. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do to avoid a MC, I've heard that avoiding caffeine can help, but it has yet to be completely proven. I know it's hard but try to keep your mind off of it. Treat your body as it is a pregnant body and eat healthy, Drink lots and lots of water and get those prenatal vitamins.

And stay off the internet Big Smile

GL

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I know when I get my blood drawn I always ask for the accession number so I can call the lab, instead of the nurses/doctor, and get my results that way...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"