May 2012 Moms

WWYD Sleep area concerns?

LO is about 16 pounds and we still have him sleeping in his bassinet part of a Graco PNP which exceeds the weight limit of 15 pounds. I know I can take out the bassinet and put him in the bottom to sleep.  LO and I sleep in the family room while DH sleeps in the bedroom.  I am thinking I should just make the big move and put LO to sleep in his crib and get a baby monitor.  I guess I am just kinda scared, especially with SIDS- reports say that there are less incidents of SIDS when LOs slept in the same room with parent.  And he hasn't started rolling and I know that will scare me as well to be in a separate room. So here are my options:

1) Cont. to sleep with LO in family room, just move his bassinet part out and use the bottom part of PNP (hopefully he likes the bottom part & hopefully not too much of a hassle to bend down and get him out)

2) Move LO to his crib and buy baby monitor (any suggestions of a good monitor? Not concerned about price)

3) Move PNP to our bedroom, however, I don't know where I would put LO when we are in the family room.  We use the family room ALOT, and I wouldn't have anywhere to put him down if I have to get laundry or small things, I would be constantly running to our bedroom to put him somewhere.  I can't roll the PNP around, once I dismantle it, I will have to keep reassembling it because our furniture in our bedroom gets in the way of being able to roll the PNP, and our dresser weighs a TON, can't move it.

4)  Any other possible ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD Sleep area concerns?

• imagetheresat858:
    I would move him to the crib and get a monitor. I set up a video using a Foscam IP camera and use the Sony Baby Call sound monitor.nbsp; As far as where to put LO if you move the PNP to your bedroom, is your LO mobile yet?nbsp; Honestly, I just put LO down on her playmat in the living room to do chores tummy time if she's into it, or on her back if she's not.nbsp; She can't get anywhere on her own, so I don't see the need to have her in a PnP or other play pen area...

I agree it's time to transition to the crib.
    As far as putting lo on a play mat and not seeing the need to have a pnp in the other room you must not have dogs or other kids. If I left lo on the floor with out me he'd end up squished for sure!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • You just have to do what you're comfortable with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is not mobile, but I do take note that he doesn't like to be in the same place for long and does take comfort when I put him in PNP.  I think tomorrow I'll try to see if I can do a day without putting him in the PNP when I do things.  I'll try the carpet on his blanket and his bouncer (he gets bored in bouncer fast though). 

He loves his crib though, so that's easy, it's just me.  I'll have to adjust not sleeping with him in the same room. 

• imageStench99:

LO is not mobile, but I do take note that he doesn't like to be in the same place for long and does take comfort when I put him in PNP.  I think tomorrow I'll try to see if I can do a day without putting him in the PNP when I do things.  I'll try the carpet on his blanket and his bouncer (he gets bored in bouncer fast though). 

He loves his crib though, so that's easy, it's just me.  I'll have to adjust not sleeping with him in the same room. 

my son didn't really like his bouncer, until I got a toy that he could kick with his feet. I hang it from the bar and he kicks it with his feet or hands, so it makes a noise. 

• Good idea to look for some other toys for bouncer. 
  • Move him to his crib and get a video monitor.  We have the Summer touch one and it is fabulous, our babies went in their crib at 7 weeks and I never would have done it if we didn't have the video monitor.  I second (or third) the bouncy seat with extra toys.  Life. Saver.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My son sleeps in his crib, BUT, if youre not ready to move him into his room i wouldnt do it. If your hsuband is supportive of your sleeping situation, and your stress level and anxiety are low currently... why rock the boat. There is no pressure to do anything other than take out the bassinet. Your little dude will have most of his life in his own room... you dont have to rush if youre not ready... so enjoy :)

• I have the tommee tippee movemnt sensor monitor and I love it.

I am about to have the same problem as you and I am considering bringing the crib into our room (family room for you). I know that may sound crazy but sleeping in their own room is a big step!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekkchisholm:

I have the tommee tippee movemnt sensor monitor and I love it.

I am about to have the same problem as you and I am considering bringing the crib into our room (family room for you). I know that may sound crazy but sleeping in their own room is a big step!

I agree it is such a big step to have them sleep in their own room.  DH is on the same page with me.  We both want to wait until 6 months then give him his full room. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"