November 2012 Moms
Options

I am Cookie Monster. Hear me roar!

So I am conversing with extremely annoying coworker today about how I look like I haven't gained any weight with my pregnancy. Ok, props to her for actually giving me a compliment rather than a criticism, and I'm thinking ok, today she is being decent. I can live with this. Then she asked if it was because of my GD (eating healthier etc). I told her that is probably why I haven't gained a whole lot because I do crave sweets. She told me I didn't need any until after the baby comes anyway because it's bad for baby. I politely explained that I am a sweets kinda gal, so I do treat myself and am working on a way to eat sweets that are more approved for my GD diet (like Fro Yo instead of ice cream etc.). I then started to explain how excited I was to try out some diabetes friendly cookies that I wanna make come Halloween. Well, she interupted me and flat out said, "No. Don't. You don't need sweets at all till after your pregnant." I looked at her and calmly said, "I am allowed a little sweets while pregnant." So of course she started in on her rant about why I need to just give up sweets for the next 3 months and in my head I'm like:

This Bish did NOT just tell Momma T she can't have sweets. So the entire time I smile and nod "taking in every word she says" 

and when she is finished I tell her I am making those cookies and eating them. She gives me that look:

and I just smile and say I have a lot of work to do. And I go back to my desk. I SOOO cannot wait for Oct when I bring in a batch, sit in front of her office door and be all:

Who tells a pregnant lady she can't have cookies?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Thanks for listening. I feel better Smile HAPPY FRIDAY!

Re: I am Cookie Monster. Hear me roar!

• Options

Lol, love it!!

my MIL told me that too when I posted how much I wanted to go to golden corral for the cotton candy (and cookies and choc waterfall haha) she posted back "NO NO NO YOU CAN NOT FEED THAT TO MY GRANDCHILD" which realllllyy ticked me off!! 

I returned with a, no one tells me what to eat, try to stand in my way! Reply

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

"Tell me I can't eat cookies."

I'm GD too and I would be lying if I said I didn't still have dessert almost every night! But guess what? My numbers are good soooo...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Eat your cookies at her office door and be all like

dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am loving the way you ladies think! Big Smile

• Options

My coworker saw me eating a Carls Jr Chicken Sandwich and fries (I skipped the ice cream sandwich), and she said "Are you supposed to eat that?"

I answered "No, that's why I'm eating it at work, so my husband won't know." 

My mom also emailed me a cc'ed the world about how I should be eating better, because she is assuming I eat like she did when she was pregnant. 

I'm so sick of this advice. I thought pregnancy would be a 9 month reprieve from people judging what I eat.  

I don't know how to make my point with gifs.  

• Options
    imageshadetree:

My coworker saw me eating a Carls Jr Chicken Sandwich and fries (I skipped the ice cream sandwich), and she said "Are you supposed to eat that?"

That's awesome! I work from home but sometimes I sneak by to Wendy's or Burger King if I'm out and about and put it on my PayPal card so he can't see what the charge was when it comes out of our bank account (not that he ever checks the bank anyway..)

Today is was Schlotzsky's :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageshadetree:

My mom also emailed me a cc'ed the world about how I should be eating better, because she is assuming I eat like she did when she was pregnant. 

I'm so sick of this advice. I thought pregnancy would be a 9 month reprieve from people judging what I eat.  

I don't know how to make my point with gifs.  

I don't know how to post gifs either, but I am busting a gut laughing and thanking God that the Kegels are helping with the pissing myself!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"