September 2012 Moms
Options

Since I've seen a few questions about versions lately...

I thought I'd just share my experience!

I had my scheduled version this morning. A few days ago, I went to a chiropractor for the Webster technique and had talked myself into thinking baby had flipped....nope, still butt first! NST looked good, got my shot of terbutaline, and they attempted to flip the baby three times. It wasn't successful:/ It was very painful.  I know it isn't that painful for everyone - maybe mine was more so due to the fact that he wasn't going to budge, and it's not so bad when the baby doesn't resist so much?  Baby's umbilical cord is wrapped around his neck one time, so it just wasn't worth it to keep trying in case that's why he was being resistant - he didn't budge an inch!

Afterward, I was nauseated for a while and then I started to black out, but that only lasted for a minute or so - thank you Lord! I don't know how much more of that I could have handled in that moment. Then they did another NST, which still looked great, and we headed home. All in all, I was only there for a couple hours and I would try it again in a heartbeat if we were in the same situation with another baby. I'm disappointed, of course, but very, very thankful that we live in a day and age where we have all of the monitoring and interventions available to keep me and this little guy safe!

Good luck to those of you who are going to give it a try! :)

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Since I've seen a few questions about versions lately...

• Options
    Sorry it didn't work, but glad you and LO are safe!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry it didn't work!  :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry it didn't work for you :-( thanks for sharing your experience though! I'm getting a 2nd opinion about it today, I was told last week that the Dr did not think it would work for me. He did mention that in my case, because the baby is long and I am smaller, it would likely be very painful. I was/am on the fence about trying it if it is an option, so hearing other people's experiences is helpful. 

Are you going to keep trying the Webster Technique? I went for my 2nd visit this morning, but could literally feel the pressure in my ribs from LO's head as the Dr pushed down on my pelvis, so I get the feeling he's not budging either.  

Good Luck! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's a bummer! Thanks for sharing. I go for my version on the 7th. How did they know the cord was wrapped around the neck?

Thanks for telling about the part. My mom told me last night that she was talking to my sister's boyfriend's mom about LO being breech. She then told my mom that her son was breech because he had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times and that is why he never turned. So that freaked me out a bit. That is also why I would like to know how your doctor knew his cord was wrapped around his neck.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I haven't decided yet about continuing with the chiropractor.  Our health insurance is great, no copays for OB...but not so great for chiro:/  AND my husband is pretty old school and his brother is a physical therapist who has told him that chiro is a joke (which I think is crazy!!!), so he's not keen on spending the money.  I kind of feel like at this point I've tried everything, and if trying to force him into the right position didn't work, I just kind of doubt he'll do it on his own.  But you never know! ;)

We've known about the nuchal cord since about two weeks ago, when it was seen on ultrasound.  The tech seemed to see it right away and turned on the "doppler" feature so you could see the blood flow to know it was truly wrapped once around rather than just draped across.  I've read that it's quite common...and things are SO slippery in there that is extremely, extremely unlikey to cause any problems unless it restricts their bloodflow while in the birth canal.  Here's a great article that gave me a little peace of mind! My cousin had a loss early this year at 24 weeks due to a knot in the cord, so I panicked for a little while when they mentioned anything about the cord - this article gave me a little bit of comfort and reminded me of how amazing our bodies and pregnancy can be:)

https://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/

Best of luck to both of you girls!!

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageangieboldt:

I haven't decided yet about continuing with the chiropractor.  Our health insurance is great, no copays for OB...but not so great for chiro:/  AND my husband is pretty old school and his brother is a physical therapist who has told him that chiro is a joke (which I think is crazy!!!), so he's not keen on spending the money.  I kind of feel like at this point I've tried everything, and if trying to force him into the right position didn't work, I just kind of doubt he'll do it on his own.  But you never know! ;)

We've known about the nuchal cord since about two weeks ago, when it was seen on ultrasound.  The tech seemed to see it right away and turned on the "doppler" feature so you could see the blood flow to know it was truly wrapped once around rather than just draped across.  I've read that it's quite common...and things are SO slippery in there that is extremely, extremely unlikey to cause any problems unless it restricts their bloodflow while in the birth canal.  Here's a great article that gave me a little peace of mind! My cousin had a loss early this year at 24 weeks due to a knot in the cord, so I panicked for a little while when they mentioned anything about the cord - this article gave me a little bit of comfort and reminded me of how amazing our bodies and pregnancy can be:)

https://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/

Best of luck to both of you girls!!

The Chiro is actually good in this case.  The alignment of your pelvic muscles relaxes your round ligaments.  If you left pelvic is out of alignment your right round ligaments will be tense and not allow the baby to move in that direction.  The first time I went to the chiro she had a huge movement that evening. 

The Chiro I saw is a good friend and she did say that the cases where the baby did not flip were ones where the baby's cord was wrapped around the neck.  So that could be stopping the baby from turning.  The chiro did make me feel less waddly after seeing her if nothing else. 

• Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work. Good job going through it though. I vote you get to buy yourself a present.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"