C-sections
Options

Labor before RCS?

I'm just curious if anyone who was scheduled for an RCS actually went into labor before their scheduled date. My RCS isn't until the day before my due date and I'm not exactly worried about going into labor, but it is something I've thought about. It really wouldn't work well with our schedule if it happened!! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Labor before RCS?

• Options
    KRTKRT member
    I really worried about that with DS. I have endo that is also in my uterus and I was very scared that if I went into labor there could be complications.  As it turns out on the day of my RCS 39w1d I was actually in labor when they hooked me up to the monitors - it was very early labor and I thought it was just BH.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KRTKRT member

I really worried about that with DS. I have endo that is also in my uterus and I was very scared that if I went into labor there could be complications.  As it turns out on the day of my RCS 39w1d I was actually in labor when they hooked me up to the monitors - it was very early labor and I thought it was just BH.  We proceeded as scheduled with the RCS.

When I had voiced this fear to my OB prior, she said to just immediately head to the hospital and I would have an immediate RCS.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did, technically.

My doctor was supportive of my choice to VBAC but I had GD.  Because I had it well under control, my doctor allowed me to go one week overdue.  If I didn't go into labor on my own by then, I'd have an RCS.

My RCS was scheduled for a Monday and my water broke the Thursday before.  My VBAC failed so my RCS ended up happening 3 days before schedule.

• Options
    I worried a lot about this with DS2 and DD. But I made it to my dates both times, and DD's was only 4 days before my EDD and she was a 3rd baby. I did have contractions with her that were timeable a couple of times, but it never progressed further than that.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options

Sorry!  Just realized it said RCS....... 

Yes. My due date was 1/18 and due to the baby being breech was scheduled for a CS 1/11.  New years weekend I started getting contractions.....I thought they were braxton's but they started getting closer and a little more intense new years day night so called the dr and decided to go to L&D just to be on the safe side.  They immediately hooked me up to the monitors and I was dilated and in labor. There was some urgency bc of the breech position. Then my water broke. It all happened very quick. I got to the hospital at 11:30pm and my daughter was born at 1:49am.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my first baby but we had a scheduled c/s for a Thursday because he was breech.  The Saturday before, my water broke at 1 am.  We packed up and were at the hospital by 1:30.  I had eaten a snack around 10:30 so they wanted to wait 6 hours before going back for the c/s but my labor was progressing quickly so we went back as soon as everyone was ready.  DS was born just after 3:30 am. 

I actually loved how it worked out (besides being exhausted from not sleeping).  I didn't want our families at the hospital during the c/s and intruding into our room right after we got there.  Since it happened in the middle of the night, no one knew until 5 or 6 am when DH called!  I also didn't have to worry about it for the day/night before I was scheduled to go in.   

• Options

I went into labor five days before my scheduled c-section (repeat).  Realized contractions were about 3 minutes apart on a regular basis.   Called my doctor and she said come on in and about three hours later we had our baby.

For us it wasn't a big deal and everything went really smoothly. 

1/4/2012 - First US w/HB 129, EDD 8/25/2012 2/2/2012 - Second US w/HB 162 2/29/2012 - HB 150 Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Anything can happen.

I've never gone into labor and all 3 of my c-sections were scheduled. That doesn't mean that I'll make it to my c-section date this time, although I AM crossing my fingers that I do!

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I was scheduled for my RCS on 08/02 and went into labor/delivered my son on 07/27. I started laboring the night before, my contraction were about 3-4 minutes apart. I called the Dr. on the morning  of 07/27 and they directed to go to the hospital, when I arrived they checked me and I had dilated 3cm. Once they verified that I was in true labor they scheduled my CS for two hours later.
  • Options
    I had jut scheduled my RCS for 10/5 (due 10/7) but baby decided to come early. My water broke and I went into labor ths past Saturday. I never imagined it would happen so early!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagektshafra:
    I had jut scheduled my RCS for 10/5 (due 10/7) but baby decided to come early. My water broke and I went into labor ths past Saturday. I never imagined it would happen so early!

Wow! I'm guessing everything went well.Congratulations!  

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I went into labor before my scheduled c/s. I got to the hospital about 3:30 a.m. and was dilated to a 4 or 5. They called my OB, prepped me for surgery, and DS was born via c/s at 5:20 a.m.

I should have gone to the hospital earlier, in hindsight :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"