Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Messy Bottle Feeder?

My DD has to be the messiest bottle feeder on the planet! No matter what angle I hold the bottle she is constantly letting it run out the sides of her mouth (we've tried two different brands) and it ends up all over her bib/clothes under her bib. Any advice as to how to fix? We're using Tommy Tippee bottles right now and I stop to burp every two oz (even though she throws a fit and wants that bottle now!).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Messy Bottle Feeder?

• Maybe the flow of the bottle is too fast for her?  What size nipple do you have on?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageIttyBittyBee:
    Maybe the flow of the bottle is too fast for her?  What size nipple do you have on?

We are easing her into stage 2-only a bottle a day with that flow, maybe we should cut it back but it seemed like she was struggling to get more faster with the stage 1. Maybe we cut back and leave the stage 2's out until she hits 4 months. Hadn't thought of that-thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • i'd say go back to 1- we had the same problem and had to go to a preemie nipple
  • My son was the same way and it had nothing to do with nipple flow-- he was just a slob. It's gradually gotten better but the first few months I had to have a towel and a bib ready at all feedings! If you haven't already, grab some of the Tommy Tippee milk bibs. They have that super absorbent ring that goes up close to the neck and really helped us a ton with cleanup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My DD is too however I did find that she's a lot less messy with the smaller size nipples. Tried the Dr.Browns bottles and we've got no mess.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker m/c at 8weeks 2007 DD born 2009 m/c at 15weeks 2010 m/c at 6weeks 2011
  • My lo is messy too,he's all over the place when i feed him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDeannabee78:
    My DD is too however I did find that she's a lot less messy with the smaller size nipples. Tried the Dr.Browns bottles and we've got no mess.

This!  :)  Except we have used Gerber First Essential Bottles and now the Ventaire Standard...both are smaller nipples.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is just a messy eater, regardless of bottle or nipple speed. We just keep a burp cloth at her chin while she is eating so that she doesn't soak her clothes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"