September 2011 Moms

How did your LO transition to sleep at daycare?

My LO will be 1 on the 16th. He started part time daycare integration his week. The feeding etc is going well and he does not cry when I leave him. However they go out in the am in the stroller for 1 hour he typically catnaps there. Then after lunch it's nap time between 12:302:30. It rained today so no outing in the stroller but he was tired so they tried to get him to nap in the crib no way. So they eventually got him to sleep in the swing for 15 minutes. I'm terrified that he will never et used to sleeping in his crib there! How long will it take? Is it possible he does not sleep there at all during the day? He never slept in the swing at home! He has started to wake at night im thinking he's overtired? I'm exhausted and can't go to work like this...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did your LO transition to sleep at daycare?

• Sorry I can't help with the sleeping at daycare since my LO has been going since he was 10 weeks old. However, he is currently going through a little sleep regression and is up 3 times a night.  I think there are some other moms here whose LOs are also going through a sleep regression.  The waking up could also be teeth.  So many things it could be.  Once he adjusts to daycare I'm sure he will nap better.  What time does he normally nap at home?  Not napping at the same time he is used to could be causing the sleep issues at daycare.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• At home I've been trying their schedule so up at 7 catnap for 1520 mins at 10:30 then nap from 12:452:15
  • Loading the player...
  • No major advice, I would just tell daycare that you are fine with however they can get him to sleep.  J refused a swing from day one at home, but had slept in one at daycare until about 2 weeks ago!  They are just funny like that.
  • My LO started back to part time daycare this week and her nap schedule there is way different than at home. She takes 2 shorter naps at dc but she is home with me today and is back to her typical home schedule of 1 long nap in the middle of the day...I am thinking there is more noises and more stimulation at daycare so it may always be different there than it is here at home...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Give it some time, he's getting used to the new routine of daycare.  He has to learn how to nap there : )

A is down to just one long afternoon nap at DC but at home he still takes 2 naps. It's just different at DC.

• My DD started at daycare at 6 weeks, so I can't offer much advice on adjusting from your LO's current age.  But,  Morgan is so curious about everything going on in the room, that her naps are really erratic at DC, but at home she consistently naps 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.  At DC, I'm lucky if she sleeps an hour all day.  DC almost doesn't believe me when I tell them how well she sleeps at home.  I've talked to them, and given-up.  It is what it is, and DH refuses to explore other options, other centers don't have availability for her (one we've been on the wait list for a year), and we can't afford for me to stay home.

Sorry to be such an Eeyore on this subject, but how poorly Morgan sleeps at daycare has been the subject of a number of arguments between me and DH.  Hopefully, your LO will settle-in, and it'll just take a couple of weeks for him to get adjusted!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"