April 2013 Moms

Starting Zofran

So I called the doctor today and they are putting in an order of Zofran for me.  I am also on Metformin for PCOS, and I can't take the Metformin without throwing up.  We are hoping that this will help..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting Zofran

• good luck to you! if it's anything like dicletin, you'll feel better, but not 100%. I still have my bouts of nausea and food adversions. it sucks :( but we're almost out of first tri, so hold on!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I was put on Zofran too for my nausea, no vomiting, but the nausea was enough to make me couch ridden. :( I've found that it definitely helps, but not 100%. I still get my moments where I want to puke. But at least it's not a 24/7 thing now.
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in Zofran too. It helped with the vomiting but my nausea isn't completely gone. At least it has a minty taste!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am at the point where I am willing to try anything.  I am to the point that the only thing i can keep down is a few saltines.  Those are getting pretty blah by now.  I think I could handle the nausea, but I am SOOOOO sick of vomiting all the time.  My throat burns!
  • I really feel for you.  I survived four hyperemesis pregnancies.  Zofran saved my life.  I had it running through an IV 24 hours a day :)  It can cause headaches though.    But you are right.  We will try ANYTHING!  Nausea/Vomiting is the worst.

Hang in there!

Mom to four kids 13, 11, 9, and 7. #5 EDD 3/29/11 Missed Abortion at 12 weeks. #6 EDD 4/14/2013
  • Well I just picked up the zofran and my dr. had ordered 30 pills for the month but my insurance only covers 12 pills a month.  I am trying to figure out how to divide them up. 
  • I started it too and it was a big help. My rx was 30 pills for a 10 day supply. The rx says to take it 3x a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"