December 2012 Moms
Options

Can I use baby powder down there?

Between the heat causing me to sweat, the pregnancy discharge and snissing, my underware is soaked by the end of the day.  I've started wearing panty liners (today's my first day) but even my thighs are sweating.  I've developed what I can only refer to as diaper rash on my upper inner thighs - not fun!   I'm wondering if I can use some baby powder or even rash cream that close to my area.  Or if anyone else has had this problem maybe you have some suggestions that could help?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I use baby powder down there?

• Options

Your baby might come out looking like the Pilsbury Dough boy. 

j/k.... I don't see the harm.  : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I put some on my inner thighs quite often for that reason.  Never tried in my panties, but it's fine on my legs.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use it all the time. 
  • Options

Burt's Bees Dusting Powder is a staple in my house during the summer.

I always wear dresses in the summer and I HATE the feeling of my thighs rubbing together when they're sweaty. I keep a bottle in my purse when I go out places :)

The tricky part is to just get it on YOU and not your clothes, lol

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagengarden01:

I always wear dresses in the summer and I HATE the feeling of my thighs rubbing together when they're sweaty. I keep a bottle in my purse when I go out places :)

That exactly.  Before getting dressed, I stand in the shower and make a royal mess (and figure that it'll get cleaned up when I shower next).  I like the idea of keeping a small bottle in my purse too. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    imagepeytons mommy:

Your baby might come out looking like the Pilsbury Dough boy. 

j/k.... I don't see the harm.  : )

LMAO!  I was hoping I'd get an answer like this. 

• Options
    imagengarden01:

Seriously good idea.  I will be stealing this idea. 

• Options
    imagengarden01:

I LOVE Burt's Bees!  Thank you!  I will be buying some today.  :) 

• Options
    I hope so, because I've been using it for a few months under my boobs,on my bikini line, and my thighs!  I sweat on a regular day, then you add in pregnancy and 90-100 days and it's getting a little ridiculous!
  • Options
    I had this problem after I started walking for longer distances.  At night I use Vaseline to help with chafing.  By morning it's either gone or significantly reduced.
  • Options

imageTheEditor:
    I had this problem after I started walking for longer distances.  At night I use Vaseline to help with chafing.  By morning it's either gone or significantly reduced.

Ohh nice!  I contemplated using vaseline last night.  I will use some tonight for sure, and then the powder during the day. 

• Options
    I'm trying to think of the brand name but I use an anti-chafing gel that is clear and works pretty well. If I think of it I'll come back and re-post but my point was that products do exist! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My boobs got a rash on them since they have grown so much and I ended up putting Destin on it and baby powder and it went away. If you can put it on your baby I am sure it won't harm you.

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options

Well I went and got some baby powder and I am in HEAVEN!  LOL!  I looked for the dusting powder by Burts Bees but my pharmacy didn't have any so I got the baby powder instead.  I feel like a new woman!  Thank you all for your help!  :)

• Options

imagesugacattey:
    I'm trying to think of the brand name but I use an anti-chafing gel that is clear and works pretty well. If I think of it I'll come back and re-post but my point was that products do exist! :)

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel.  It's awesome!  Almost a silky finish.  You can also use it as a makeup primer.  No, seriously, you can.  It has the same ingredient as Smashbox Primer and many makeup artists use it.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    imagetetiananina:
    My boobs got a rash on them since they have grown so much and I ended up putting Destin on it and baby powder and it went away. If you can put it on your baby I am sure it won't harm you.

For the boobs I have been using deodorant. I have big boobs and have been using it for like two years now and never ever get a rash under them! Try it!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageSummerOH:

imagesugacattey:

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel.  It's awesome!  Almost a silky finish.  You can also use it as a makeup primer.  No, seriously, you can.  It has the same ingredient as Smashbox Primer and many makeup artists use it.

Amazing!  Anyone from Canada know where I can get this?  I'd like it for both purposes. 

• Options
    imageMom2aBoy:
    imageSummerOH:

imagesugacattey:

Amazing!  Anyone from Canada know where I can get this?  I'd like it for both purposes. 

YES! Thank you that was driving me nuts. And what I bought it for was as a primer-replacement (SO much cheaper than Smashbox) - the chaffing thing was just a bonus! haha

I would imagine you can get it on Amazon even in Canada, right? That's where I buy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"