Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Growth spurt without noticeably eating more?

I'm wondering if DD is going through her 3 month growth spurt: the night before last was the first time in her whole life that she only woke up once to nurse - it was glorious! I knew now to get overly excited, though, because she's done things like that before (where she would sleep a long stretch and then not do it again for a long time). She also had a bunch of really good naps on top of it, so yesterday was a good day. Of course, last night was awful. She did her usual 5 hour stretch from 8PM-1AM, and then proceeded to wake up to nurse every 1-2 hours until about 7AM. This morning she was somewhat fussier than usual (she was a little bit, but that could partly be due to the poor night sleeping) but didn't seem to want to nurse more than any other day. 

The reason that I'm wondering if this is a growth spurt regardless of the eating is that other than at 2-3 weeks, DD has never really showed obvious growth spurt signs. I mean, she must've had one at some point in the past 10 weeks, but the only thing that she did differently around 6 weeks is nap a lot for a few days. Her eating never really increased at that point.

Has anyone else's LO undergone a growth spurt that was marked by other symptoms but not by increased nursing? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Growth spurt without noticeably eating more?

• For my babies, they tend to just sleep more when they hit their growth spurts.  They never ate more at any certain time, but they grew out of their newborn clothes and slept a lot more!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"