Postpartum Depression

Anger sign of PPD?

I haven't felt the sadness that we are told about being the leading symptom of PPD, but instead I often feel like I HATE everything. Note: Not DD and I don't want to hurt her or anything like that.

I feel so pissed off at everyone and only seem to complain about everything to BF.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anger sign of PPD?

• It's my understanding that irritability is a symptom. I know I really struggle with it. I feel so angry and overwhelmed at times. All I do is complain. I see that your DD is only four weeks. It could just be you adjusting to the demands of motherhood. I would certainly keep an eye on it. I hope it improves!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Depression can manifest in many different ways, whether sadness, despair, anger or even erratic behavior. I too have had times where I just felt so angry, even at my children even though I never hurt them, it was just this feeling that came about it seemed out of no where. I have even found at times in my life when I was really sad, I actually acted angry the most. I sometimes think sadness feels like it takes all the control out of your life, but anger feels like something you are doing and often justifying in your mind, so you feel a sense of purpose and control, even if it's a bad feeling. I hope you feel better soon:)
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Loading the player...
  • imagewheelsonthebus:
    It's my understanding that irritability is a symptom. I know I really struggle with it. I feel so angry and overwhelmed at times. All I do is complain. I see that your DD is only four weeks. It could just be you adjusting to the demands of motherhood. I would certainly keep an eye on it. I hope it improves!

I agree with this as well, your body is dealing with a flood of hormones. Hopefully after this adjustment period, you will feel much better. Take time for yourself, take DD for walks and show her things you love. Try to make time for things that made you happy before you became a mother and maybe the angry feelings will be replaced with more peaceful feelings. I know it's hard, and really hope it get's better.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"