Infertility

OHSS symptoms

Good morning! Quick question...

I had my ER Monday and I'm still feeling some pain. I don't want to be dramatic if this is normal for 3 days later, but I also don't want to ignore the if it's possible something could be wrong.

Its not crippling pain, but a lot of pressure in my whole abdomen area, and really terrible pain when my bladder is full. I can barely walk to the bathroom, and peeing is painful at first. But then after its empty, I'm pretty much back to little to no pain at all.  The only other time is when transitioning from sitting to standing/walking. It still takes me some time and I have to go really slow.

Other than that, I'm ok. So my question is, should I call my dr and be worried about OHSS, or is this normal stuff and wait it out with a lazy day on the couch with lots of gatorade?

Thank you!! 

Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: OHSS symptoms

• I would call and check in but I had the same thing.. it lasted for 2 weeks and never had ohss...
  • Ugh I'm dealing with this right now. I'm 5 days past retrieval and I'm still super bloated. I can only eat or drink in little sips or nibbles to keep it down. I would say call them because it's better safe than sorry. I went in for an ultrasound and was determined to have mild-moderate OHSS so I can't even imagine how bad it is for severe cases. You don't have to have all of the symptoms. For example, I've actually lost a pound since ER, but since I'm barely eating its not an accurate measure of what's happening. 

I really hope yours is only mild and passes really soon. I learned that Smart Water has electrolytes and just tastes like regular water. It's a good alternative to the sugary tasting Gatorade and Vitamin Water flavors.  

Me:27 DH:27 IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- 45R, 20F, all arrested except 1 blast, BFN 7/20/12 Houston, we have an egg problem. IVF#2 Luteal Lupron protocol Started stims 8/16/12 ER 8/26/12 41R, 12F, all arrested before ET Not sure where to go from here. My blog: www.mininoves.wordpress.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, call your RE. It isn't normal to be in that much pain that long after ER. You may not have all the symptoms and it might only be a moderate case of OHSS but there is medication they can give you to help with the discomfort. I developed severe OHSS after my ER and was almost hospitalized so I know how you are feeling, its horrible! I could move and was only able to get semi comfortable laying on my side. Getting up to walk to the bathroom was all I was able to do without huffing and puffing cause it was difficult for me to breathe, not to mention the stomach pain was horrific when I went to the bathroom. I couldn't hold any food down and threw up for several days. My stomach was so huge and hard... I hope you aren't as bad as me, but like I said, my RE was able to give me some pills to help with the nausea and bloating. He also eventually gave me sleeping pills because I wasn't able to sleep from the pain. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"