Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Sleeping Question

Just a though! When is your LO to old to rock? My husband said its time to stop rocking, esp if we are thinking of having another one. My LO is almost 18 months old and I still rock her to sleep. She is also still getting up every so often and wants me to lay with her. Any ideas on how I can break this habit before she gets a big girl bed one day? Should I stop rocking and if I do how to i transition to that? Any advice????
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Sleeping Question

• I would just start rocking her until she's almost asleep, and putting her down awake. Soon you'll be able to rock her less and less and eventually you'll be able to put her straight down. That's what I did with nursing/rocking DD to sleep at a few months old, anyway. Hopefully she's not too set in her ways.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wouldn't worry much about it.  I rocked my son to sleep for bedtime until a few months ago when he no longer really wanted that, and only this week stopped rocking him to sleep for his naps most days because he doesn't care too much anymore (and he's 20 months). 

I always liked the saying "it's not a problem until it's a problem."  If she's taking forever to get to sleep or you're frustrated with the process then I would try to make a change.  If you're both perfectly content, I wouldn't stop now...especially just because you're thinking about having another one.  If you're not even pregnant yet, you have plenty of time to worry about it later if need be (and by then I bet it will have worked itself out). 

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont see anything wrong with rocking your LO as long as you want. However, I agree with pp I would lay LO down before falling asleep so the rocking is not a crutch to falling asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"