Pre-School and Daycare

Best Place for Kids' Furniture

I'm upgrading my daughter (she's two and a half) to a "Big Girl Bed."  I'd like to find a twin bed, nightstand, dresser, and a comfy chair for me to sit in while reading to her at night. I've looked all over and can't seem to find anything reasonably priced that doesn't look cheap!  Any ideas?? I've tried Ikea, Target and Walmart. Pottery Barn is definitely out of our budget (we're hoping to furnish a nursery soon as well, fingers crossed!).

BTW, we live in Houston, TX. 

Two under two, here we come!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image

Re: Best Place for Kids' Furniture

• Is there an Ikea? I was thinking about that for DS
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have Craigslist for your area? We have gotten most of our furniture off there for great prices! I actually prefer to buy used b/c I know the kids are going to wear it out :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second Craigslist.
    m/c 2013
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    TRY Costco.

We got DD a bed, dresser, and nightstand from Costco. It's great quality and a fraction of the cost of PBK.
  • This is the set I got for each of my twin girls, https://www.simplykidsfurniture.com/shop-by-collection-southshore-summer-breeze.html.

The quality is very nice and for a 4 piece set I couldn't find a better price. We got the set with the bookcase headboard, the mates bed, the 5 chest drawer and the open nightstand. They ship for free so it was great for us. Now you do need to assembly the pieces, but my DH is very handy so it didn't take him long to put both sets together and the directions for easy to follow. We did have one damaged piece, I contacted the company directly and they shipped me out the part the next day. I was very pleased with them. My girls love their big girl bedroom set. And I love all the storage with the drawers below and the bookshelf holds all their stuffed animals and trinkets they like to keep in their room. And they love to store all their books in the bottom of the open nightstand. The set is not a stark white, it is a softer white - vanilla cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"