Infertility
Options

IUI #2 too early? Help!

When your b/w shows a natural LH surge, how long does the surge last?

According to the clinic, my b/w showed I was naturally surging (no HCG trigger), on Tuesday (August 28th), Morning of august 29th I had an IUI.

This morning, my fertility monitor/ok is still showing negative. I'm hoping this IUI wasn't a waste. My DH has low count, which doesn't help. 

How early can your b/w show a natural LH surge before you actually do ovulate?  Is it usually a guaranteed window, (ie. 6 to 20hrs later)??

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC since 5/2010; 01/2011=BFP, Missed M/C 6weeks, 3days; IUI #1: 7/31/2012 Clomid+ Trigger+ IUI+ progesterone =BFN; IUI#2: 8/29/12 Clomid + natural LH surge + IUI + progesterone =BFN -- IVF #1: 10/14/12 bw &u/s, antagonist protocol, Gonal-F 300. ER 10/26/2012: 9 eggs. Fert report #1: 8 fertilized; 5 day transfer: 2 embies (4AA&3AB) -- beta #1:8dp5dt=72 BFP! DD Born 07/26/2013! 07/2014=BFP

Re: IUI #2 too early? Help!

• Options
    I have heard that Clomid can mess up those readings.  Blood work is more reliable anyway. I think you ovulate anywhere from 12-36 hours after the surge.  If you want to feel more confident about the cycle I'd have sex today but trust that your doctor knows what they're doing.
  • Options
    Blood is better at reading that than OPKs. Don't lose heart. Trust in your Drs that they know what they're doing. And if you still need a boost, sex it up with YH. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC since 5/2010; 01/2011=BFP, Missed M/C 6weeks, 3days; IUI #1: 7/31/2012 Clomid+ Trigger+ IUI+ progesterone =BFN; IUI#2: 8/29/12 Clomid + natural LH surge + IUI + progesterone =BFN -- IVF #1: 10/14/12 bw &u/s, antagonist protocol, Gonal-F 300. ER 10/26/2012: 9 eggs. Fert report #1: 8 fertilized; 5 day transfer: 2 embies (4AA&3AB) -- beta #1:8dp5dt=72 BFP! DD Born 07/26/2013! 07/2014=BFP

• Options

Like PPs said, the b/w is WAY more reliable than the pee sticks. Your surge can show up briefly, your pee could be diluted, the clomid could be messing with it. Your blood levels are pretty much indisputable. 

The one IUI cycle where my b/w showed a natural surge, they told me to take the trigger anyway (for extra insurance) and come in the following morning instead of the day after. I believe you ovulate 24-36 hours after the start of your surge, but they can't tell exactly from the bloodwork exactly when the surge started, so they have you come in a bit earlier.

Also, if you did surge, I would expect your fertility monitor to show negative at this point, so no worries that it is. You probably just missed detecting it, but like others said, more sex couldn't hurt! :) 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    I would just trust the dr.  and not worry about it.  Besides what is done is done/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"