March 2012 Moms

Halloween Costume?

I know it's a little early but I have seen resent posts on ideas for a Halloween costume. P is going to be a beagle so he and our other favorite man in the house can be twins!!! It will be so cute taking them out together for treats!

What is your LO going to be for Halloween? If you haven't decided yet what are you thinking of?

Re: Halloween Costume?

• I haven't decided yet. I always call him Monkey. Even when he was in my belly I called him that. But Not sure if that's what I want going as or not. I think I will go to the Halloween store and see what they have and decide what I like best. Otherwise I was thinking a lobster or who knows! lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD will be little red riding hood... if not that we are thinking candy corn. Im just not down with the whole pumpkin thing for her 1st year.

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecvick612:

DD will be little red riding hood... if not that we are thinking candy corn. Im just not down with the whole pumpkin thing for her 1st year.

Little Red Riding Hood is an adorable idea! Love that! 

I bought DD a dragon costume. I had heart burn from like 4 months to birth so we always said she must be a fire breathing dragon. That and being born the year of the dragon and her constant growling made it a pretty easy choice. :)  The costume I got is green, yellow and orange so I am attaching little pink bows so she looks like a little girl dragon. :)

• I haven't fully decided yet, but I saw an adorable pink monster costume...  I think I might go with that!

• I got the elephant costume from Old Navy because it looked cute and comfy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm forced to make my final decision about 2 weeks prior because this kid outgrows clothes in the blink of an eye. My mom bought him a 12 month frog costume when he was born thinking it would be the right size around Halloween and we tried it for fun yesterday. It's really tight and way too short in the crotch. If a baby could look obscene-- he does.

So, now that I'm back to the drawing board, I think he'll be a dinosaur, which is kind of what I wanted to dress him up as anyway. :)

• I'm just gonna head down to Carter's and choose the cutest costume once they get theirs in. In future years I'll put a lot more effort into costumes, etc, but this year she won't appreciate it and will be in bed before most of the fun begins anyways. Am I lame? Meh.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagejoyfullyfound:
    I'm just gonna head down to Carter's and choose the cutest costume once they get theirs in. In future years I'll put a lot more effort into costumes, etc, but this year she won't appreciate it and will be in bed before most of the fun begins anyways. Am I lame? Meh.

Your not lame at all. To be honest DH and I will be out of town on Halloween but we will dress Peyton up the weekend before and take him and Dungy to all the GP houses. Just like you said he won't reallly appreciate it and it will probably be too cold here to have him out late at night.
  • imagejoyfullyfound:
    I'm just gonna head down to Carter's and choose the cutest costume once they get theirs in. In future years I'll put a lot more effort into costumes, etc, but this year she won't appreciate it and will be in bed before most of the fun begins anyways. Am I lame? Meh.

If you're lame, I'll be lame right along with you!  We don't have older kids so we won't be taking DS trick or treating (mommy does not need the candy!!), so I just got him two romper outfits from Old Navy - one is Batman and the other is a skeleten. They are super cute and will be his "costumes" for daycare or anywhere else we may take him that warrants a costume. Next year, though, game on for Halloween! I can't wait! :-)

• She's going to be a unicorn. I already got her costume.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We don't do Halloween so nothing.

FYI, as of the 2nd week of August, Carter's had costumes in. No sun hats, but costumes. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• My dad surprised us with the Ladybug costume from Carter's!!  Perfect b/c we call her bug!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so excited to actually celebrate this year! We aren't huge Halloween people but with kids that's all different! And way more fun :

Hannah will be a zebra! I can't wait :
  • imagecountrygrl5533:
    We don't do Halloween so nothing.FYI, as of the 2nd week of August, Carter's had costumes in. No sun hats, but costumes.nbsp;

That's pretty common about the sun hats. Not worth carrying things at the end of a season. Same reason you find fall clothes in any store now.
  • imagecountrygrl5533:

We don't do Halloween so nothing.

FYI, as of the 2nd week of August, Carter's had costumes in. No sun hats, but costumes. 

Why don't you do Halloween?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLilyPotter218:
    imagecountrygrl5533:
    We don't do Halloween so nothing.FYI, as of the 2nd week of August, Carter's had costumes in. No sun hats, but costumes.nbsp;
    That's pretty common about the sun hats. Not worth carrying things at the end of a season. Same reason you find fall clothes in any store now.

Yea, but that didn't help the fact that we are outside every weekend and my poor baby had a growth spurt. Her hat wouldn't fit. Ended up having to special order one online for way more than I would have paid in store. I have a true hatred of pushing the seasons. I should not be finding Halloween candy in stores yet however.....

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• imageHalloweenWife:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

We don't do Halloween so nothing.

Why don't you do Halloween?

Against my personal beliefs. Other Christians and Baptists do, my family just doesn't. Smile

If the church does a harvest party this year, not sure what DD will dress up as. I'm leaning sheep or cow but not sure since not sure if we will make it out or not.

• imagesalt78:
    She's going to be a unicorn. I already got her costume.

YesYes 

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He's either going as the Hulk or a theatre critic. 
  • At some point in the Halloween season Hannah will also be baby Harry.
  • DS will be a baby super hero :) DH is a graphic designer, so he will be designing his shirt logo. I will be wonder woman and dh will be clark :) Sounds like its going to be a superhero halloween for us!
  • imageLilyPotter218:
    At some point in the Halloween season Hannah will also be baby Harry.

<3 x a bamillion!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am being lazy/cheap and just buying a halloween-themed onesie from the gap, plus the matching hat  - so he will be a "handsome devil." I figure he can wear the onesie and the pants more than once and the hat could maybe be his winter hat. I ordered it as large as I could cos little dude has a HUGE head. :)
  • I got the Carter's Dragon one today on sale for 50% off, and then I had an extra 20% off cupon! so it was 15 and change.  I did not think that was bad.
  • DS is going to be a little dinosaur!!

Rawr! 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • DD is going to be a spider.  We already got her costume, because I love Halloween and as soon as I saw costumes I grabbed one.  DH and I are going to try to dress up as flies if we have the time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Little man will be going as the Tardis from Dr Who -  He'll be rocking this awesome hat. For the costume I've already dyed the romper, now I need to get the sewing machine fixed so I can add on the extras. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"