Multiples

if you tested for ID/Frat

what company did you use to test for identical/fraternal with your twins? my MIL wants to find out but I'm betting fraternal :) TIA
BFP 6/20/10 1st M/C- 7/3/10~ 6 w 1 d
BFP 9/13/10- Chemical Pregnancy discovered 9/16/10
BFP 2/23/11 EDD 2nd M/C 3/20/10~ 7 w 6 d
BFP 9/17/11- Twins! Alice Nichole 5/15/12 Colette Parker 5/15/12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: if you tested for ID/Frat

• I didn't test (I would have if they'd looked similar though) but can you post pics?? :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I used the state crime lab. Heh.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemacchiatto:
    I didn't test (I would have if they'd looked similar though) but can you post pics?? :)

i cant on my tablet... when DH gets home I'll borrow his laptop and post. i think they look different but I'm their mother. They have similar coloring and similar features so my MIL thinks they are ID. I was di/di with them so chances are slim of them being ID. I just want to shut her up because she is constantly telling me she cant tell them apart and what is she going to do if she can never tell them apart. it's driving me nuts! 

• bump burp
  • imagemacchiatto:
    I didn't test (I would have if they'd looked similar though) but can you post pics?? :)

here are my girls: image 

• No opinion on if they're identical or fraternal; just wanted to say that they are adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • They are beautiful! My first thought is ID but I'd have to see more pics to be sure. Peakay is the expert so I'm curious to see what she thinks!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Not to say I'm an expert, but I've always been pretty good at telling twins apart...

I was really thinking I would be able to see something to point out and agree with you that they looked fraternal, but I got nothin'... other than they are beautiful!  I am actually leaning toward ID like PP, but again I'm no expert.

They could just be fraternal and look alike, that is very plausible as well... 

ETA: Looking at it again their noses do look slightly different, not much, could be the camera angle... as to your original question, I was told we could always ask our pedi to run a test if we wanted to since they *think* our twins are Mo/Di but don't know 100%.  I personally would prefer to work with a lab or doctor's office rather than the mail-in DNA test centers but maybe that is me. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They look ID to me. Beautiful girls!
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I'd say, judging from just that picture that they definitely could be. But hard to say from one picture. What you need to do is compare each feature. Ears, noses, lips, chin, eyes, hands, feet. Nongenetic things like weight, head shape, cowlicks, etc, can affect overall look and make them look fraternal when they're not.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • I used proactive genetics (https://www.proactivegenetics.com/) and it was about $100.  Did some cheek swabs (for two days in a row I think?) and mailed it in.  From time of order to the time I got the email with the results was less then 2 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used affiliated genetics.
  • imageJen0204:
    I used proactive genetics https://www.proactivegenetics.com/ and it was about 100.nbsp; Did some cheek swabs for two days in a row I think? and mailed it in.nbsp; From time of order to the time I got the email with the results was less then 2 weeks.
    Same here. I wish I had waited. My boys look very obviously different now that they're a little bigger and older.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • imageJen0204:
    I used proactive genetics (https://www.proactivegenetics.com/) and it was about $100.  Did some cheek swabs (for two days in a row I think?) and mailed it in.  From time of order to the time I got the email with the results was less then 2 weeks.

We used them also and I also wish I would have waited. We never thought our girls were identical but enough other people did so we tested them and nope they are not. Now they look nothing alike. 

• They are sooo cute!  I though for a sec they were on the cover of a mag.  Great photo!
  • OMG, I say ID & Beautiful. I still haven't tested & change my mind often. I think its kind of fun not knowing, but I do have moments when I would like to know.

These are mine today... ID, Frat..  who knows. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"