TTC after 35

Update on my pain problems: Hurry up and wait.

I posted a couple weeks ago about pain and pressure from mid-cycle thru menses. I wasn't sure if I should go to my OBGYN or my RE (haven't been to RE in more than 6 months). I got in with my OBGYN faster than the RE so I had that appointment today (yearly PAP and discussed the pain and lack of success with the RE). He thinks it may be ovarian cysts or uterine fibroids and wants to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to see what's going on in there. The nurse took vials of blood to check hormone levels today and depending on those results he may put me on BCP to suppress hormones next cycle. He doesn't think I'm ovulating again and he said lack of ovulation over time can increase the risk of ovarian and or uterine cancer. He wants me to consider clomid again because it worked to get me pregnant twice before, but they ended in miscarriage.

We have some thinking to do. We were all ready to move forward with adoption. Now we are on the fantasy rollercoaster that maybe just one more try will do the trick. I think I may be delusional. I'm not really looking for advice, I guess, I just need to vent my frustrations with others who understand. I'm surrounded by fertiles in my family, my work and no one really gets it. You ladies get it. Thank God for knowing I'm not alone.

Baby #1 due 2/10/14!

Re: Update on my pain problems: Hurry up and wait.

• The "Fantasy Rollercoaster"  UGH I have been on that ride MANY times.  :(  It's amazing how just a few words can make you totally rethink your "plan".  Hugs to you--I hope you figure out the right path to take. 
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"