Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Canadians, come in please! =)

Hi Canadians! I just moved to Ontario after being in the US since I was 17. I have a couple of questions.

1) I read that we need a Canadian approved car seat. Right now we have the Evenflo Triumph which I love. My husband is just starting the job hunt so can someone recommend a safe but affordable car seat? And where to get it?

2) A more general question - is couponing a big thing here? Any tips like how to price match or find coupons?

3) I am used to getting tons of stuff from Amazon but amazon.ca isn't that great. Where do you do your online shopping?

Thanks! =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Canadians, come in please! =)

• 1.) We have the Evenflo Triumph LX and we got it from BRU for our shower, a quick look at their flyer and its on sale for $109 this week.  We love it

2.) Nope, couponing is no where near as big here.... we can't stack.  Walmart and No Frills do price matching, so once we get our weekly flyers we go to those stores and price match.  Save.ca has coupons as well as websaver.ca

3.)  Love amazon.com, hate amazon.ca.  If online shopping for general stuff, I use well.ca or walmart.ca

Hope this helps a little

• MisNMisN member

Welcome back!

1)  We have the Britax Boulevard, probably not the most affordable. I think the Evenflo Momentum is a little more affordable.  For what its worth, the three top rated Canadian car seats in consumer reports are:  Britax Boulevard, Britax Advocate, and the Evenflo Momentum.

2)  Couponing not as big here.  There are some website like www.save.ca which will send you coupons.  Walmart/Bru will price match.  The best diaper prices I have found are at "the Independent" grocery store chain (they frequently sell 156 size 3 pampers for $24.99 - they have a price matching policy on diapers).

3)  Agreed, amazon.ca not as good for most things.  I often order from  www.babysteals.com or Mountain Equipement Co-op for outdoor/winter gear.  Also https://www.snugglebugz.ca/ is a great site and The Shoe Company www.shoecompany.com carries an okay selection of stride rite shoes.

• Loading the player...
  • imagedor79:

1.) We have the Evenflo Triumph LX and we got it from BRU for our shower, a quick look at their flyer and its on sale for $109 this week.  We love it

2.) Nope, couponing is no where near as big here.... we can't stack.  Walmart and No Frills do price matching, so once we get our weekly flyers we go to those stores and price match.  Save.ca has coupons as well as websaver.ca

3.)  Love amazon.com, hate amazon.ca.  If online shopping for general stuff, I use well.ca or walmart.ca

Hope this helps a little

OMG, you're awesome! I checked online and sure enough the Evenflo Triumph is $109 and it will ship for free. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I didn't know No Frills price matches, thanks. I was at Fresh Co and I heard a manager mention price matching and they have a poster that says they now accept internet coupons. I have never done price matching but I will start keeping the flyers we get in the mail.

What is the benefit to shopping on Walmart.ca? Just more options? I will check out well.ca. Thanks!

• imageMisN:

Welcome back!

1)  We have the Britax Boulevard, probably not the most affordable. I think the Evenflo Momentum is a little more affordable.  For what its worth, the three top rated Canadian car seats in consumer reports are:  Britax Boulevard, Britax Advocate, and the Evenflo Momentum.

2)  Couponing not as big here.  There are some website like www.save.ca which will send you coupons.  Walmart/Bru will price match.  The best diaper prices I have found are at "the Independent" grocery store chain (they frequently sell 156 size 3 pampers for $24.99 - they have a price matching policy on diapers).

3)  Agreed, amazon.ca not as good for most things.  I often order from  www.babysteals.com or Mountain Equipement Co-op for outdoor/winter gear.  Also https://www.snugglebugz.ca/ is a great site and The Shoe Company www.shoecompany.com carries an okay selection of stride rite shoes.

I have never heard of the Evenflo Momentum and it didn't come up when I searched on BRU. Shipping still was $10 on BRU so we are going into the store to check out car seats. I will look for it, thanks.

I haven't seen The Independent yet but will look for one.

So what is the deal with buying stuff from American companies and having them ship to Canada? Do you have to pay duty? We have a PO Box in Niagara Falls so we can have Amazon ship to us there and drive it across.

Thanks for the tips and websites!

• Online shopping kind of sucks here. Well.ca ships for free.

Couponing doesn't work like it does in the States. No doubling anywhere, generally it's cheaper to buy the store brand than to coupon. President's Choice is a great generic brand at Loblaw's stores (Superstore, No Frills, etc). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"