Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Will I ever lose the weight?

Hi everybody! I am a little bummed because I had my LO 9.5 mts ago. Pre-pregnancy, I was 123 lbs. and a size 2/4 at 5"3. I somehow got to 185 during my pregnancy. Yeah, I know. So, I have been eating right and working out as much as I can, which is maybe 4x a week if I'm lucky. I pumped for 7 months and actually lost most of my weight once I stopped, which is the opposite of what I heard usually happened. I have been at 130 for the past 2 months and cannot lose those 7 lbs. Is anybody else still struggling to lose the last of the lbs? Any success stories out there or tips?

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
RSVP Deadline: 10/2

Re: Will I ever lose the weight?

• Sounds like you are doing everything right. Sometimes the post-pregnancy body just likes to hold onto those last few pounds. The best thing to get over a plateau is to really clean up your diet and do a work-out that you haven't done before to use muscles you might not be using. Try spinning if you normally run, or swimming if you normally bike, that type of thing. And weight training. Also, ENJOY the fact that you have lost almost all of your weight, I bet you look great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wasn't losing weight and I was even working out 4 days a week.  About 6 weeks ago I decided to try My Fitness Pal out.  It has definitely helped make me see what I was eating.  I have lost 8 pounds since and am 4 pounds less then I was prepregnancy. I still want to lose 12 more pounds to get back to the weight I was at when I met my H.  You might want to give it a try.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemama31:
    I wasn't losing weight and I was even working out 4 days a week.  About 6 weeks ago I decided to try My Fitness Pal out.  It has definitely helped make me see what I was eating.  I have lost 8 pounds since and am 4 pounds less then I was prepregnancy. I still want to lose 12 more pounds to get back to the weight I was at when I met my H.  You might want to give it a try.  

I second this. I did come down to pp weight, but wanted to lose more. I started using My Fitness Pal and I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. It makes you aware of what you're eating. And it keeps me accountable.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was ten pounds less after having my son, which I thought was cool... then I got weighed a few weeks ago and I'm back up to my pp weight. Even though I watch what I eat and I still breastfeed... I also go for walks several times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the previous post about switching up your workout for something you don't normally do. 

I'm extremely discouraged about my weight. I lost all but 8 lbs and then got the depo provera shot and gained around 30 pounds in a month and a half. Despite going on a super strict diet for five months I didn't lose a single pound of that weight until two weeks ago when I dropped 5 pounds in 7 days. Low and behold, it's because I'm pregnant and my body is producing progesterone again. Unfortunately, losing weight while pregnant isn't a great idea so I'm starting this pregnancy up 35 pounds from the last start. Hopefully I can maintain weight and gain as little as is healthy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 5lbs left to lose till I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. I've been doing crossFit 3x/week and it really helped me lose the weight but these last 5lbs are hanging on for dear life. I'm hoping once I stop BF I'll be able to lose it.

That being said, I'm in better shape than I was and am actually smaller than I was too. I may never lose that 5lbs because I'm more muscular than I used to be. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"