July 2012 Moms
Options

weight loss plateau??

So, I'm exactly 3 weeks PP, and the first 35 lbs fell off like magic, and now I've been stuck at the same weight for a week.  It's honestly ever since I started being active again!  I'm able to get in 1-2 long walks per day (maybe 2 miles total) plus sometimes an intense 30 minutes on the tredmill if LO decides to actually sleep during the day.  I'm eating well, but perhaps not eating enough.  Jackson does NOT like to be put down, so I usually eat what I can eat with one hand -- yogurt, bowl of cereal, protein cookies I made for this purpose alone, etc. 

Did anyone else hit a plateau like this and then continue to lose? I'm getting frustrated because I'm still 30 lbs away from my goal weight.  And on top of that, I dared to put a pair of "fat pants" on and they didn't fit over my hips and thighs.  I still wear sweats or maternity clothes everyday, but they're all summer clothes.  I NEED to get into jeans by Fall! 

I think I'm also getting frustrated because when Iost 30 lbs a year ago, it was with intense workouts- running several miles, stair climber, weights-- and I can't get to the gym. DH comes home from work and then goes to the gym and it drives me insane because I want to go, too.  

Anyway....any continued success after a big drop?  

imageimageimage
married 8.9.08
jackson thomas. 8.9.12

Re: weight loss plateau??

• Options
    I've been the same weight since week 3; 25 down and 25 to go. Just got cleared yesterday though at my 6 week appointment for regular activity post csection. I'm still living in yoga pants. I did order some cheap Old Navy jeans a size bigger than usual for fall. I'm frustrated but trying not to beat myself up over it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Relax. Don't expect thr weight to come off so fast. You are only 3 weeks pp. it takes time to lose weight if you want to keep healthy. Just keep eating right and exercising. Slowly bump up the intensity of your workouts. You should start to notice a difference soon but Losing 30 pounds may take you a few months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I originally lost 20ish during the first 2 weeks, and then stalled out...I just barely got cleared for exercise, so I'm actually REALLY excited to find a workout routine (if I can find the time to do it). I used to go to the gym daily at one point before becoming pregnant, and I definitely miss it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I gained 45 lbs. I lost 20 within the first two weeks. I am maintaining at 175-180 right now and have been since two weeks pp. I am hoping to get cleared to start going to the gym tomorrow at my pp appt. However, I do realize that it took me 7+ months to gain all that... So there is no way it is just going to 'fall off'. Hopefully going to the gym will help me to get back on track with a good diet and exercise plan. So by Dec./Jan. I can be almost back to normal!! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am right there with you!  I gained 40 lbs in my pregnancy and 20 lbs of that came off right away.  Now at 5 weeks I still have 20 lbs to go.  I eat healthy, BF and walk every day but it seems like the weight loss has stalled.  I just got cleared for exercise so I am hoping that light jogging and spinning will help shed the last 20 lbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"