Trouble TTC

Monitoring Appointment Question

We are just monitoring my natural cycle this month to see what my normal is and I will trigger and have TI.

On CD8 I was in the office to go over all of my testing results and to develop a plan and RE did a scan since I was there. My main follicle was 12mm so she had me come in again today on CD11 for another scan. It showed that I had a lining of 6, 13.5mm main follicle and some 9, 10 & 11's and they just left a message that my levels were: LH 11.8 & Estrogen 67.5.

I have no idea what any of these things mean and of course the office is now closed. I know that her message said to come back in on Tuesday for another scan and not to trigger yet, but are those numbers bad or normal for a CD11?

Thanks for any thoughts. I appreciate all of the knowledge on this board so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monitoring Appointment Question

• None of those follicles are mature. I'm not sure what they look for on unmedicated cycles but for Clomid/Femara they like the follicles to be 18-22mm to be mature. On injects I think 16mm is considered mature. As the follicles mature your estrogen level should go up and your lining should get thicker.

ETA: Follicles usually grow 1-2mm per day. It isn't surprising that you aren't ready at CD11, especially if you normally ovulate later in your cycle.

TTC#1 since 5/2011
    DX: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Myasthenia Gravis, Aplastic Anemia, one copy MTHFR DH SA: count 52% motility (slow progressive), 0% normal morph
    June-July 2012: Clomid cycles=BFNs
    August 2012: New RE, started Metformin, Letrozole 7.5mg+TI=BFN Sept. 2012: IUI#1: Letrozole 7.5mg=BFN
    Oct. 2012: IUI#2 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    Nov '12-March '13 on a break
    April 2013: IUI#3 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    June 2013: IVF#1  Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix =BFN, 3 Frosties
    August 2013: FET#1=BFP 8/20/13,  EDD 4/30/13, MMC 10/1/13
    December 2013: IVF#2 Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix=?
     ~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~

imageimageimage

• thank you for the reply...I wish the RE office handed out a "cheat sheet" of what normal results should be on certain cycle days!
  • Loading the player...
  • There's so much variation in normal that a cheat sheet would do more to freak you out than it would to actually inform you.  Have you been ovulating on natural cycles?  Do you know what day you usually ovulate on?  Based on your growth so far it sounds like you'll probably be ready to trigger by Tuesday.  My RE has told me that once the follicles get to 14 or 15 they almost always continue growing and ovulate.  You have growth from 12 to 13.5 between your monitoring, which is a good sign, but your growth is a little slow.  Slow is fine though as long as it keeps going! 

Remember that it's a complete myth that women ovulate on Day 14 - women often ovulate many days earlier or later.  If your ovulation is particularly late the RE may want to use clomid or femara, which will probably bring your ovulation closer to Day 14 but still not exactly and not necessarily.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imageKershnic:

Have you been ovulating on natural cycles?  Do you know what day you usually ovulate on? 

Yes I usually ovulate on days 23-25...so when she saw 12mm folicles on CD8 I got excited and thought I was going to ovulate at a more normal time this cycle. I have worked hard to lose some weight and I was hoping that would help my cycles. But then I was worried by the slow growth and low estrogen.

Thanks for your thoughts, all of this is so new to me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"