October 2012 Moms
Options

Shower invite debacle

My friend is hosting a shower for me on the 15th of September. She told me she put the invites in the mail this week, and she did.

But I've gotten 3 calls this morning asking what time the shower is, and where I am registered... apparently she left all the important information off and just put the date, and the name of the place she's hosting at.

I'm kind of embarassed to be getting these calls- but I don't know of a proactive way to fix the issue since they're already in the mail. I don't want to make my friend feel bad.

Advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower invite debacle

• Options
    Just give them the info. Can you send an email with all of the details to the people on the list? Or maybe most of them will call her and RSVP, and get it that way.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

ask her to send out the info?

It's common not to put the registry info on the invites. Technically it's considered poor etiquette but I think it's not questioned nowadays (no registry info on my invites).

The lack of time sounds like a silly oversight to me.

My host spelled my last name wrong :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs.G123:
    Just give them the info. Can you send an email with all of the details to the people on the list? Or maybe most of them will call her and RSVP, and get it that way.

You took the words out of my mouth!  I was going to suggest this exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't feel bad about this.  Just let your friend know and she should probably send an email to everyone so they know the time.

I disagree that registry information should be excluded... it's a shower!  It should be excluded from wedding invites, but I think it's completely appropriate for registry info to be in a shower invite.  If you email about the time, I would just have your friend include the registry info.

Her mistake, she should fix it, but don't be embarrassed to give out the correct information when you get calls.  People know it wasn't your fault!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageDottyBlue:

Don't feel bad about this.  Just let your friend know and she should probably send an email to everyone so they know the time.

I disagree that registry information should be excluded... it's a shower!  It should be excluded from wedding invites, but I think it's completely appropriate for registry info to be in a shower invite.  If you email about the time, I would just have your friend include the registry info.

Her mistake, she should fix it, but don't be embarrassed to give out the correct information when you get calls.  People know it wasn't your fault!

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't (I seriously don't care) but if you were to go emily post on people, it should not be.

• Options
    If I recall the debate from TK Emily post was referring to wedding invites not having registry info, not shower invites.

I would just respond to whoever asks about the time and whatever else is asked and leave it at that. It sounds like the time was an oversight and the lack of registry info may have been an etiquette decision.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Options
    imagepiffle42:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageDottyBlue:

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't (I seriously don't care) but if you were to go emily post on people, it should not be.

I believe that technically if we go all "emily post" the info should be included with the invites, but not on them.  That's why stores offer the little registry cards.  Just slip them in the envelope.

dude I hate those things (proper or not!). This is one of those things that can really go either way.

I just tried to look up Martha Stewart's opinion on the matter, lol. Nothing! Come on, Martha! 

• Options
    Emily Post's website does say it's ok to include shower info on a separate sheet of paper, so those inserts are fine. It's a moot point for OP though. Your hostess should follow up with an email.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"