Stay at Home Moms

Does anyone watch Dance Moms?

I know it's not on tonight, I always watch it DVR'ed....but wow.  I just can't get over how screwed up these kids are going to be.  The way the moms fight with each other and with Abby, so much so that the kids sometimes run out of the room shaking and crying, it's horrible!

Then they storm out all the time claiming they're "done" but always come right back, wouldn't want to ruin their TV deal.  I feel like so much of it is purposely amplified and contrived for the purposes of the show and the kids are the ones who suffer for it. (I know, I'm contributing to it by watching it :/ ).

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Does anyone watch Dance Moms?

• imagescatteredtrees:

This is my early FFFC. I totally DVR and watch it when DS naps. 

I mute it a lot, and fast forward a little, but yeah... I hope those moms have plenty of money left over for therapy bills. 

It's my guilty pleasure!  I feel like I should donate to their therapy fund.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I love this show, though they are trying a little too hard with the angry, black, lesbian single mother with 4 kids. She made me laugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamy052006:

imageKateMW:
    I love this show, though they are trying a little too hard with the angry, black, lesbian single mother with 4 kids. She made me laugh.

You mean "Black Patsy" as in the blak Patsy Ramsey.

I am the ultimate cynic and actual think the kids are in on it too --- they keep their cool in those screaming matches, are always running to hug each other.  I think they sell it to the kids as "acting", you know? 

Yes, Black Patsy in her fancy jacket and her crazy floral hairpieces. LOL

I agree with you about the acting and the kids...they've told them that they're going to be famous, so they're cool with it. 

• I started watching this show because it's on The Soup all the time. I feel like Abby gets a bad rap. I would be angry and irritable too if I had to deal with those CRAZY Moms. And Black Patsy is nuts. They all are. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I dont watch this religiously but will watch a rerun here or there. The one that does stick out in my head was from earlier in this season when there was a "new mom" (sorry I cant remember names) and none of the "old moms" liked her especially one of them and were constantly going back and forth the whole time their girls were being taught about "oh my daughter is better than yours", and "my daughter has a solo", blah blah blah. But then when the moms had their get together the new mom was invited and they all acted all chummy and friendly. Cant stand that. Not to mention that being a dancer and my mom always being involved with classes/competitions I could never imagine her acting like that or any of the other moms for that matter. Yes I know its for television purposes but come on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"